• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lpherr

Occupied
    I'm done doing for today. I done did. :):
    I start the day with the best of intentions, but I fizzle quicker than I used to.
    I did make some homemade chocolate chip cookies. I even cleaned up the whole kitchen afterword's.
    I added some pumpkin seeds to the last pan to enter the oven.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I start the day with the best of intentions, but I fizzle quicker than I used to.
    I did make some homemade chocolate chip cookies. I even cleaned up the whole kitchen afterword's.
    I added some pumpkin seeds to the last pan to enter the oven.
    I'm going to do more weeding tomorrow. I got the big stuff today (thistles), so tomorrow I'll do the stuff that requires me to crawl around on my hands and knees. We've got a bunch of wild morning glory vines in one of our beds, along with nutsedge.

Lpherr

Occupied
    I'm going to do more weeding tomorrow. I got the big stuff today (thistles), so tomorrow I'll do the stuff that requires me to crawl around on my hands and knees. We've got a bunch of wild morning glory vines in one of our beds, along with nutsedge.
    Fortunately, we have minimal weeding. The flower beds get an occasional weed, but it's only rooted in the mulch, so they require minimal effort to remove.
    Any weeds in the grass... get mowed along with the grass. I don't desire a perfect lawn, so it receives no fertilizers.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Fortunately, we have minimal weeding. The flower beds get an occasional weed, but it's only rooted in the mulch, so they require minimal effort to remove.
    Any weeds in the grass... get mowed along with the grass. I don't desire a perfect lawn, so it receives no fertilizers.
    Before we got the nextdoor neighbors we have now, there was a crazy guy that lived there that only mowed his grass maybe 3 times a season, so his yard was overrun with thistles and other weeds that went to seed. Now thistles are in my flowerbeds and I can't seem to get rid of them. I can spray them when they're small, but if we get a cool wet stretch like we had this spring, they get too big to spray and I have to pull them. They've got a tap root that goes down almost a foot on some of the larger ones.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Before we got the nextdoor neighbors we have now, there was a crazy guy that lived there that only mowed his grass maybe 3 times a season, so his yard was overrun with thistles and other weeds that went to seed. Now thistles are in my flowerbeds and I can't seem to get rid of them. I can spray them when they're small, but if we get a cool wet stretch like we had this spring, they get too big to spray and I have to pull them. They've got a tap root that goes down almost a foot on some of the larger ones.
    Physically step on them, or whack them with something to injure them, then spray them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom