Not open for further replies.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Know nothing about them ..........So one can buy the .308 model and it will work fine on , say a 22lr also .
    it would work yes, but .22 lr ammo is extremely dirty and has a tendency to drop lead deposits. So you wouldn't want to do that to a more expensive centerfire suppressor because they're usually sealed and can't be cleaned.

Centerfire rifle suppressors are usually $500-$1200+ (sky is the limit)

Rimfire suppressors are usually cleanable and user servicable (they come apart) and are more like $200-$400

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    speaking of suppressors....

looking forward to this coming out and being a suppressor host

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    it would work yes, but .22 lr ammo is extremely dirty and has a tendency to drop lead deposits. So you wouldn't want to do that to a more expensive centerfire suppressor because they're usually sealed and can't be cleaned.

Centerfire rifle suppressors are usually $500+

Rimfire suppressors are usually cleanable and user servicable (they come apart) and are more like $200-$400
    Gotcha ........On the wish list , need to get a little more educated on them .
    Have a few "Suppressor ready" . All 22`s .

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    yeah, I get it. It's expensive to get into, but once you have them you just buy guns suppressor ready.

And you don't NEED suppressor sights. regular sights still work, just get blocked slightly by it.

And for 5.56 ARs, the .308 suppressors work better anyway. Nobody should buy a 5.56 suppressor. Just get the bigger one and be done. It's quieter anyway
    I'm not planning on buying anymore new guns. I'm getting ready to start liquidating some stuff once my C&R license expires next month. But maybe then I'll be able to afford a suppressor.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I'm not planning on buying anymore new guns. I'm getting ready to start liquidating some stuff once my C&R license expires next month. But maybe then I'll be able to afford a suppressor.
    I sorta did that 15 years ago. I had a really cool WW2 collection and liquidated everything except the M1 Garand. Funded some newer really nice rifles.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Centerfire rifle suppressors are usually $500-$1200+ (sky is the limit)

Oh hell to the no then. :):

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    yeah, the rimfire ones are fun. You can get one after tax stamp for $400-$500 and then you can use them on all your pistols/rifles and they're pretty fun.

Excellent for teaching new shooters too. Not for everyone though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom