Ordered my first "real knife" last night....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    it will be even worse if I can get paddling man to bring some out.:D

I've been trying to get a hold of him this week, to see if that might be a possibility as well. He's doing a bunch of hail storm repairs this week, I just had mine taken care of last week as well, so hopefully he'll be back online again soon so I can get in touch with him

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Oh heelllllz yeah! I want them all now :D :rockwoot:

I know what you mean, I don't even have mine yet, but I am impatiently awaiting it's arrival! I'm sure I'll have collected a full set by the time I move on to the Busse-bussekin knives. I have to get my feet wet somewhere. With a baby due at the end of next month, RAT knives are much,much more affordable right now. I'm holding off in anticipation of any extra-extra expenses.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I know what you mean, I don't even have mine yet, but I am impatiently awaiting it's arrival! I'm sure I'll have collected a full set by the time I move on to the Busse-bussekin knives. I have to get my feet wet somewhere. With a baby due at the end of next month, RAT knives are much,much more affordable right now. I'm holding off in anticipation of any extra-extra expenses.

yes but busse's are a better investment in the long term as many actually gain value. I know I'm not helping am I?:D

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I bought my original Straight Handled Battle Mistress back in '98 I think it was. I paid $297 for it and it was one of the first hundred ever made. It's been used and abused but I've turned down offers of $1000 for it. I think that's a better appreciation than gold even. I'm just sayin':rolleyes:

Bob

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

Yup, can't wait to add the Izula and RC-5 to my collection next. That HEST is growing on me too :D

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    yes but busse's are a better investment in the long term as many actually gain value. I know I'm not helping am I?:D

I bought my original Straight Handled Battle Mistress back in '98 I think it was. I paid $297 for it and it was one of the first hundred ever made. It's been used and abused but I've turned down offers of $1000 for it. I think that's a better appreciation than gold even. I'm just sayin':rolleyes:

Bob

I know, I know! I've seen continual evidence of this over on bladeforums.com, those knives are a better investment than most things, it would seem. Their value hinges on their low production and limited availability. That drives prices on every commodity there is.

Don't get me wrong, I understand economics, and happen to love the Busse-Bussekin knives design and quality. I still plan on buying a few of my favorites this fall/winter when I have a little more $$$.

** The "investment" pitch should assist selling my wife on these!

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    How much are you asking? Got any pics? I've already got one, but would consider a second if the price was right, and she doesn't mind dishes.

:D:D;)

Well, being that she's nearly 8mos. pregnant, I will have to say that her market value isn't what it used to be. :D

You know what I meant Evan! I showed her a picture of a Busse Combat battle mistress on bladeforums for sale that was around $500-600 and asked her what she tought it was worth. She said, I don't know, $20? I didn't know how to react, I told her what it was worth and she looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Well, being that she's nearly 8mos. pregnant, I will have to say that her market value isn't what it used to be. :D

Are you kidding?! That's like a two-for-one deal! :D (btw, you better PRAY she never reads your response! lol)

I showed her a picture of a Busse Combat battle mistress . . . . . . and she looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears.

This look I do know all too well. . .

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Are you kidding?! That's like a two-for-one deal! :D (btw, you better PRAY she never reads your response! lol)

She wouldn't, but she'd know I was just playing around if she did. She has a great sense of humor, good for me...

This look I do know all too well. . .

I figure most any husband will know "the look"....

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    first off you guys don't know the "busse" look it's far different than the normal look. and second wait till the 1500 next month and mike at the busse booth will have great deals at retail price not secondary mark up, he had a bama clay fusion battle mistress for $475 give or take $10.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    first off you guys don't know the "busse" look it's far different than the normal look. and second wait till the 1500 next month and mike at the busse booth will have great deals at retail price not secondary mark up, he had a bama clay fusion battle mistress for $475 give or take $10.
    Every time I come home from the 1500 my wife asks how many knives did I get, which is said WHILE giving me the look.:nono:
    If you come to the next 1500, I'll be the guy next to Mike that you probably won't say hello to:laugh:
    The great thing about the show is the selection and the prices but you should get there early as some people come from a long ways away and walk up to the table and start making piles of the knives they are going to buy!!
    Bob

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    If you come to the next 1500, I'll be the guy next to Mike that you probably won't say hello to:laugh:

more like you will look him straight in the eyes while wearing your INGO hat make a little small talk even and he will never mention a word to about it until he posts in in a forum and then you realize you met the mysterious flatlander:D

Top Bottom