• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Ah, got it. Was kinda thinking of getting a couple new suits this summer to account for... uh... well... to be honest, a few more years of my wife's exceptional cooking and a slower metabolism. :)

So thanks for the consumer tip.

I'd still have to say no. Black suits, while conceptually sound like a good idea, really aren't. MAYBE with a pinstripe or light houndstooth pattern or something. But then, to me, it isn't a black suit anymore.
    We still like seeing them on the interview boards.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    They changed owners in 2014, and the consensus is they are now trash. Google up some reviews of today's versions.

The new owners were/are Men's Wearhouse, under the parent company name Tailored Brands. They fired the Wearhouse founder just before buying JAB.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So I have a couple oral board interviews coming up and am getting pretty nervous. I have sat down and tried to research and plan my answers to common questions. But it just hit me what will i wear? I have never been to a real job interview. Any "interview" like thing i have been to has been extremely laid back with less than 4 or 5 questions (are you a crack head) and those were factory jobs where i wore a t-shirt and jeans. Would A polo, khakis, and some nicer dress shoes work? I have never owned/wore a suit or tie. All the interviews are in really small towns or counties if that matters. My brother wore khakis and a polo but he also killed it with schooling and experience. Should i go to a white button up shirt instead of a polo? LEOs what say you?
    i remember a thread a while back where you weren't able to join the military for some reason (sorry I have a terrible memory sometimes, most times), and you were very upset you weren't able to serve. I just wanted to say that (from someone you've never met or talked to except online) I am proud of you for not taking no for an answer and giving up on your dream to serve in some capacity. There is no greater gift than that of oneself and ones time to serve and to help others who are in need. You have a warriors heart and spirit and I wish you much success. Like Someone said above, go in there like you have the job. Be confident and show them you are the asset they need for their team! You've already shown you are NOT a quitter and that's who they need is winners not quitters! I've never had the priveledge to serve in law enforcement but I do appreciate those that do. Thank you.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Thank you for the kind words trigger time its nice to have some positive feedback unlike the grief I'm getting at work for my choices. When i was younger I found a poem Tecumseh wrote and one part has stuck with me, "seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people". I cant describe the feeling but its a intense desire to do more than i have.

I talked to an officer on one of the boards the other day and he said he thought because of my emergency management and SAR training i would be an asset to the dept. and that he would bring that up during deliberation.

As far as the interview goes i would assume it will be much like an NCO board in the military right? I have done an NCO board in the igr and it wasn't all that bad. Sit at the position of attention and answer questions truthfully and if you dont know "i will find the answer as soon as possible" right?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Thank you for the kind words trigger time its nice to have some positive feedback unlike the grief I'm getting at work for my choices. When i was younger I found a poem Tecumseh wrote and one part has stuck with me, "seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people". I cant describe the feeling but its a intense desire to do more than i have.

I talked to an officer on one of the boards the other day and he said he thought because of my emergency management and SAR training i would be an asset to the dept. and that he would bring that up during deliberation.

As far as the interview goes i would assume it will be much like an NCO board in the military right? I have done an NCO board in the igr and it wasn't all that bad. Sit at the position of attention and answer questions truthfully and if you dont know "i will find the answer as soon as possible" right?
    All questions should be answered. Have a mental resume. Know your strengths and weaknesses and be able to explain them. Study the department you are applying to. If they have a mission statement, work that into one of your answers.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    All questions should be answered. Have a mental resume. Know your strengths and weaknesses and be able to explain them. Study the department you are applying to. If they have a mission statement, work that into one of your answers.

Seems like good advice for any job interview actually. Damn, you managed to Denny even this thread...

Top Bottom