• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The servers were a little shocked when they asked if I wanted my usual beer before match play and I said no thank you without any further explanation. They’re sharp gals though and they asked me if this policy had anything to do with it. I told him this wasn’t anything against them it’s just my principles and they understood that. I didn’t eat or drink anything but I tipped my server anyhow. After the match was over we were hanging out and talking and they mentioned how ridiculous it was, they knew all of us carriers and felt safe that there were so many of us like that around. The bartender bought me a drink and then told me her story about being robbed at knifepoint six years ago and how the bar staff all got behind her and gave her Pepper spray and other defensive items.

My captain and another team captain who’s a retired marine echoed what you guys have said about just CCing and that they’ll continue to do so.
    Further, it seems to me if they'e going by the incident of the girl returning with friends, one of whom was carrying, that they would want as many armed people around as possible in those circumstances

Sometimes people freak out about the potential for a gunfight erupting in their establishment, but they should worry more about the only armed individual in their place being one with ill intent. The Greenwood Mall shooting is a perfect counter example for their foolish position given what would have likely happened everyone had obeyed the no guns policy enacted by people safe in their corner offices

If the league does decide to relocate, make certain that the owner or manager knows precisely why it is being done

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Ankle carry?
    Someone i know was asked not to carry in a bar. It was CC but when he was dancing, the loose shirt he had over it revealed it. I'm not sure how i feel about it, i was not supportive of this person carrying in the bar in the first place, because he tends to drink way too much.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Appendix carry, holster makes a big difference. Much bigger than OWB carry or even strong side IWB carry. I'm sitting here with a G45 with optic, spare mag, badge, and TDI knife all forward of midline and can do anything without pinching/squeezing/hot spots.
    Which AIWB holster do you use?

mbkintner

Up the Irons
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 21, 2017
    Behind You
    Respect the owner's policy; don't get yourself in more trouble than is needed, like getting trespassed.. Leave the gun at home, or in your car (better at home, as these sound like people who may decide to locate your gun in the car; who knows what they'd do).

Even if you CC, people WILL be watching you for printing. I wouldn't chance it.

If you feel unsafe in there without a gun, don't go there. Don't take yourself to the fight!

And I don't know why anyone would want to advertise by OC anyway.

JMO!

:scratch: Exactly what trouble are we supposed to be fearful of? Somebody notices, staff asks you to leave or put the firearm in your car, you make a decision from there....no trouble.

If you choose secret option #3...ignore them and do neither resulting in the cops being called...then that's on you.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Which AIWB holster do you use?

https://darkstargear.com/ most commonly.

https://red1usa.com/ in the odd circumstance I carry with a WML as well.

I bought a couple "warcat tactical" to test out when they were $17.76 each, but the website now redirects back to the parent company (Aliengear) so I guess they are defunct. It's the least concealable and the most bulky, but was a decent holster for the price. It is not a top shelf product. https://aliengearholsters.com/roswell-iwb-holster.html looks like it's the same thing, or near enough.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    A polite, non-accusatory discussion with the bar owner may be worth a shot. If a particular person came to the bar while carrying and was causing a scene, ban that person. If you have a good rapport and are a long-time customer, the owner may reconsider. And if he prefers you to CC than OC, that may be a reasonable concession to keep the peace.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    A polite, non-accusatory discussion with the bar owner may be worth a shot. If a particular person came to the bar while carrying and was causing a scene, ban that person. If you have a good rapport and are a long-time customer, the owner may reconsider. And if he prefers you to CC than OC, that may be a reasonable concession to keep the peace.
    There are many in the league have been playing there for more than a decade and carry.
    Team captain is still weighing our options.

As mentioned upthread, all of the staff besides the owner felt safer before this policy was instituted.

I will finish the season out with it stowed in the trunk floor compartment of the 'Vette. I usually get a parking spot right next to the front windows where I can see the car from our table and security cams always looking.

I'll be investigating a more concealable pistol and lefty holster in the meantime before the next season starts.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I’ll consider that but I’ll have to do some testing because many shots require leaning over the edge of the table and stretching for difficult shots. Not sure how a piece on my front side will be comfortable in that situation.
    Oh come on man. Use the bridge for those hard shots!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Do what I always do. Carry concealed and avoid unwarranted and unnecessary confrontations and conversations about my armed/not armed status. Full size concealed carry takes a little more work and/or better equipment but is easily doable. For pool playing, I'd strongly consider appendix carry.
    This is what I do not understand my wife’s cousin will be staying with Us for a few days, he is dropping his Daughter off at Vanderbilt University. They are coming up from Florida. He plans on open Carry while he travels.

I like to think of my status as being on a needs to know basis, and I get to decide who needs to know.

Not sure what makes him think OC is a good idea in another state in a Far Left County?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Appendix carry, holster makes a big difference. Much bigger than OWB carry or even strong side IWB carry. I'm sitting here with a G45 with optic, spare mag, badge, and TDI knife all forward of midline and can do anything without pinching/squeezing/hot spots.
    Wondering how much Body type plays into the viability of appendix carry? I am 6’3 190 Lbs and I never could make appendix carry work. For me About 15:30 IWB works best for me. But I am guessing the right belt along with the Milt Sparks holster makes all,the difference in the world and makes complete concealment of a 1911 work.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Wondering how much Body type plays into the viability of appendix carry? I am 6’3 190 Lbs and I never could make appendix carry work. For me About 15:30 IWB works best for me. But I am guessing the right belt along with the Milt Sparks holster makes all,the difference in the world and makes complete concealment of a 1911 work.

I'm no expert on the topic. My thought is anyone *can*, but not with equal ease. It is, by far, the most equipment sensitive.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I'm no expert on the topic. My thought is anyone *can*, but not with equal ease. It is, by far, the most equipment sensitive.
    Perhaps not an expert but I appreciate reading your content. I have a friend that goes through Holsters and handguns like a new one every few months, which then becomes the worst gun ever.

I kind of think It might be more productive to work out once in a while Versus blaming hardware.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I have a friend/coworker that fits those specs and he almost exclusively appendix carries, no one would ever know. I do think body type makes a big difference, but how you work around it and holster choice make just as much.
    Just as you say with making your 1911 disappear, there is some combination out there that will work. Wish I knew the formula though.

Top Bottom