• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Rock River Arms meets all of your criteria. My RRA NM service rifle upper arrived this morning and is already mated to a DPMS service rifle lower. It will be shot out to 600 yards.
    Did you really type that out loud? RRA mated to ANYTHING is just...well, and to add a DPMS lower? The OP asked for, well, more than you just offered? Not even sure if serious? Hopefully, purple was implied, and I’ve drank too much?

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Did you really type that out loud? RRA mated to ANYTHING is just...well, and to add a DPMS lower? The OP asked for, well, more than you just offered? Not even sure if serious? Hopefully, purple was implied, and I’ve drank too much?

Haha!!!!!! We need to hang out. Some of these responses are great. I'll buy a round or thirty.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

I’m pretty sure that reply was more of a “for your intended use, you don’t need a fancy rifle”. While it didn’t exactly answer the OP’s question, he ain’t wrong for a rifle that will see general range use out to 300 yards.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    But everyone knew that kind of post was coming. :laugh:

Just like when someone asks which model of Wilson Combat to buy, someone has to respond with “buy a RIA and spend the rest on ammo because it’s just as good”.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

Just like when someone asks which model of Wilson Combat to buy, someone has to respond with “buy a RIA and spend the rest on ammo because it’s just as good”.
    It wouldn't be INGO without it.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana

Both are way outdated :laugh:

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    As stated if money is no object Id go KAC. In second place Larue or LWRC. DD makes a good rifle but I do not think it is in the same tier as KAC. I do not think the typical shooter would shoot them any better than the other but I think KAC is about as good as it gets if money is no issue at this point.

I have shot a few KAC rifles and they just seem perfect but a little rich for my blood at the moment.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    As stated if money is no object Id go KAC. In second place Larue or LWRC. DD makes a good rifle but I do not think it is in the same tier as KAC. I do not think the typical shooter would shoot them any better than the other but I think KAC is about as good as it gets if money is no issue at this point.

I have shot a few KAC rifles and they just seem perfect but a little rich for my blood at the moment.

didn't Colt buy LWRC? Is quality the same as when it was just LWRC?

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    didn't Colt buy LWRC? Is quality the same as when it was just LWRC?

I dont think that deal ever happened or did it? I saw all kinds of things on the internet back in 2015 but I thought it fell through.

I have a LWRC DI gun and a 10 year old 6920 for comparison so im not sure if thats fair for the feature difference on the guns. They both shoot great and are 100 percent reliable.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I dont think that deal ever happened or did it? I saw all kinds of things on the internet back in 2015 but I thought it fell through.

I have a LWRC DI gun and a 10 year old 6920 for comparison so im not sure if thats fair for the feature difference on the guns. They both shoot great and are 100 percent reliable.

10 years ago Colt made really good guns. Today... eh. I'd rather have an old one.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Noveske
    JP
    DD
    LMT
    BCM
    or crazy custom from long time builder

(I'd have a hard time picking between these -- I guess the overall purpose of the rifle would influence my choices as well)

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    A local guy/builder/guy the forum ran off a long time ago had a kac handguard on his shop rifle, cerakoted and all that and recently smashed it... How, i'm not sure, but I know my dlsports handguard can handle being run over by a tractor in dirt and a dually on pavement without failing... I just don't understand kac prices vs kac product. You can have a handbuilt warmachine to your individual specs from a top tier smith for what you have in an out of the box kac rifle.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I played this game earlier this year. Wanted to splurge an a pre-built AR after building so many myself. Ended up with a price vs. quality equation and settled on a LWRCi DI-MLok in OD Green. I have put over 3000 rounds through it without one single malfunction.

Top Bottom