• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildhare

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I saw probably 40 over friday, saturday, and sunday morning. Had a big ten point come in saturday evening and didn't give me a shot til after it was too dark to shoot. Maybe next weekend. We still have most the corn up so I expect it to be slow til it's all gone. Hopefully I can get a shot on that ten or two other big boys I have been watching. I would bet the smallest one of the three is 160" and the biggest is a huge trashy rack buck that might get to 180" Hope to get some more pics of him.

stationhollow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    by the river
    alot of stand stealin going on. kinda glad im into my 36th bow season. cant use climbers or stand between the forks anymore. long live permanent ladders and good ole mother earth.. good luck and keep goin out.

Carp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Hunted opening for 2.5 days. Saw a lot of bucks in bachelor groups and few does, but the deer were not moving much. I found early scrape activity and glassed several book bucks. However, no shooters were within range during shooting light. Crops are still being harvested in the area. The good ones were hanging in the standing corn. One local deputy sheriff spotted lots of movement during his night shift before the rain Saturday morning. They bedded early and we didn't see much movement until the afternoon.

We also saw plenty of coyotes and a couple of martens over the course of a few days.

Overall, it was good to break the ice.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Hunted opening for 2.5 days. Saw a lot of bucks in bachelor groups and few does, but the deer were not moving much. I found early scrape activity and glassed several book bucks. However, no shooters were within range during shooting light. Crops are still being harvested in the area. The good ones were hanging in the standing corn. One local deputy sheriff spotted lots of movement during his night shift before the rain Saturday morning. They bedded early and we didn't see much movement until the afternoon.

We also saw plenty of coyotes and a couple of martens over the course of a few days.

Overall, it was good to break the ice.

Martens??....Where are you hunting?

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    I went out last night and saw 3 small bucks together. They played around out in the corn field, sparring with each other. I then spotted 4 deer off in a distance. It was to dark to tell what they were. I saw a big body deer walking about itself walking toward them. I am sure that this is the large buck that I have seen sseveral times. He charged at one of the deer sending it running. I think it must have been a smaller buck. The other deer moved away as it approached them. I have been trying to get this deer for some time. He is so smart. I have only saw it during the daylight once. I will keep trying. I hope to post a picture of him on here, after my arrow goes through him.

Top Bottom