• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    So how was everyone's opening day of archery? Mine sucked! I got to my stand that I have been checking on and ready to hunt and my stand was gone. Someone stole my stand. I was just there 5 days ago and it was there. I couldn't believe it when I arrived at the tree this morning and it was gone. I ended up going to another stand that I had in that woods, but not my #1 pick. I never saw the 1st deer. How did the rest of you do?:ar15:

syntax357

Plinker
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Syracuse, Indiana
    i saw 7 or 8 this morning just out of range i was in my stand so i couldnt move closer to them they had switched trails on me and i wasnt ready but theres still tomorrow morning now that i know where they are

joshennis84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Bloomington
    saw 4 does, that sucks about your stand, I've had some stolen too. I actually couldn't believe one of my stands was still hanging this year, I never took it down last year and thought for sure when I went to take it down the other day it would be gone, but it was still there. I almost felt like I had won the lottery.

turkeydeer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I cant stand thieves. Last year got a new stand for my birthday.Hung it, went back 3 days later and it was gone. Gonna use stronger cables to lock with this year. Good luck to everyone in the morning.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    1st opening day in over 25 years I wasn't on the hunt. Recovering from rotator cuff surgery so I have to sit out. With only one hand it's kinda hard to pack gear in, set up and draw the bow. I gave up climbing last year, hunt from a Ghost Blind now. Good luck to the rest of you hunters.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I feel ya Sgt Rock, I'm taking this season off too.

Will bust out the ML down the road most likely.

Good luck to all, seems like corn is all out and weather is nice and cool!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I hunted a new spot that had alot of corn an open fields, I was on the ground by a fence row...great morning, lots of geese flying overhead, hawk diving into a cornfield an squirrel running away, an saw just at light a turkey...pretty sure it was a turkey...or it was a racoon walking upright....?! No deer, but got a stand up later an enjoyed the day.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    My son and I hunted a farm in Brown County, it has beans in this year so thats great. The water is way down in the creek... almost none in most areas and the pond is being hunted by family.

We still see lots of signs and a few rubs that were not present a month or so ago. We also saw lots of squirrel, birds (including woodpeckers) and raccoons. No deer until after dark, I always sit until way after sunset to see the nocturnal deer movement.

Its very early in the season and it was a great evening in the woods, especially with my 17 y/o..... because time spent with him is getting very limited. But he wanted to hunt last night vs. go to his home coming game.... and Mooresville got spanked.... again !!!

Good luck to all,

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    Shot this 13 pointer last night around 5:30. Smoked em good through both lungs, and sliced the heart. He was quartering towards me at about 16 yards when I hit em. Rage 3 blade expandables did there job !! This was in my back yard here in Clark County.

2010Buck3.jpg

JuliananDaddysbuck-1.jpg

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I saw nothing from 5pm until about 8pm yesterday where I hunt just north of Crawfordsville. Well I saw lot's of noisy squirrels and a fat raccoon.

I was walking back towards the farmhouse and saw something black running around in the field. It was a damn skunk, and he started running towards ME!:n00b: Thank God he stopped... I was just about ready to draw my SR9 out of it's holster.:shoot: Don't care if it was almost dark.

BTW, congrats IndianasFinest!

deer hunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Congrats Indiana's finest. That was a nice deer and a well placed shot. As I said on my first post someone stole my stand that I had high hopes for. What really stinks is that as I was walking out of the woods I saw 10 deer standing about 10 yards out from where my stand shoud have been. UGH!!!!!! Good Luck everyone and keep posting those reports with pics!

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Nailed a yearling last night. I hunt for meat, so anything in range is game. 10 yrds easy shot. Took off hit a tree broke its rear leg and died in 30 seconds.

Shadownick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Morristown, IN
    Saw 12 total opening day. All does. I was hunting with my dad, who was in a stand about 150 north of me. A group of 6 does was coming right towards me, closing in at 100 yards, then of course, turn straight north and head for my dad (Same thing happened during gun season last year!!). He dropped the biggest one with his crossbow in her tracks with a good double lung shot (he has a handicap due to the bursitis in his shoulder, which allows him to use a crossbow during early archery). She was a really nice doe. Unfortunately I forgot to snap a picture of her. That was the first deer my dad has ever taken on opening archery day, so we were both really happy. Some quick and early meat on the table for us!

Top Bottom