• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I think a person can do what they want within the confines of the law. Allbeit, every person has to pay the cost to act like the boss. Is there a true right or wrong in this situation? Deos the guy have a right to carry a AR into a crowded resturant, His state says it okay. Does the patrons have a right to feel intimidated? Sure they do! I am not gonna say he was right or wrong but there are always at least two sides to these things of controversy.

Maybe some folks should look at both sides and then start drawing their conclusions. C'mon would not every single one of You eyeball a man who carries an AR into a place of business (thats not firearm related) and wonder what his intentions were intially??? I would regardless of whats morally correct or not. The other side of this challenge is what right does the uneducated public have to question him exercising his individual right to carry a long gun into a place of business. Less than 1 percent of bad guys are going to openly display a gun without using for ill intention not long after they enter a establishment.

Its that initial period soon after said person enters that really decides what is going to happen next. and most dont understand that theory, and that plain ignorance of citizens and bull headed behavior of people who think we shouldn't own firearms is a root of major problem.

a very hard situation to confront no matter on which side of the fence You stand, to say the very least

And further,

This post is moving along. Looks as membership and thread post count has its priviliges. The more respected You are, the more likely the post will survive the chopping block and be spared from closure. I JUST HAD TO SAY IT!

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    This might have been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I thought it was uncanny that the song playing in the background was "...never gonna let you go..." ... "...from this day on we're gonna be together..."

LOL

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    Assult says it all, it is not a personal protection weapon unless you are in a war zone.

If I saw a group of people carring open weapons at their side I would probably not give it a second thought, but if someone came in with an assult rifle I would have my weapon at the ready. I may be wrong to judge him but better to sin for judging someone than meet your msker permsturely.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Assult says it all, it is not a personal protection weapon unless you are in a war zone.

Semi-automatic copies of select fire rifles firing intermediate power cartridges (commonly known as "assault rifles") are no more relegated to a war zone than that Mossberg 500 or Remington 700 or other "sporting rifle." The media may tell you otherwise. Helmke et al may tell you otherwise. But then, they lie a lot too.

If I saw a group of people carring open weapons at their side I would probably not give it a second thought, but if someone came in with an assult rifle I would have my weapon at the ready. I may be wrong to judge him but better to sin for judging someone than meet your msker permsturely.

And many people, indoctrinated by folk like Helmke, say exactly the same thing about someone carrying a handgun. Do you also agree with them or is there some magical reason why your fear of a rifle is justified while theirs of a handgun is not?

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    From another thread...

Walmart Shootout Results in Gunman Dead and Officer Injured - Crimesider - CBS News

Active shooter walks into a WalMart with a long gun and a pistol.

I can't believe that anyone even gave him a second look :laugh:
    These stories make it easier to identify with the public perception of someone carrying a long gun indoors.

And how many stories of that type start with the person walking into a place with a concealed handgun? Do you apply the same "logic" there?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    From another thread...

Walmart Shootout Results in Gunman Dead and Officer Injured - Crimesider - CBS News

These stories make it easier to identify with the public perception of someone carrying a long gun indoors.

Reckon, using your "reasoning," that the same applies to anyone carrying handguns also. IOW, you feel that carrying a gun automatically makes one a criminal suspect.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    From another thread...

Can you show us a story of a man with an AR walks into a restaurant, sits down with a bunch of other open carriers, eats his meal, then starts shooting people.

And, in lieu of your inability to produce such a story please explain how the story you did cite has any relevance.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    OC'd with my crutches to Long's donuts this morning.

No one was killed, except a couple dozen glazed and jelly filled, along with 2 gallons of milk.

The kids were HONGRAY!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I was in the donut shop this morning, and some guy came in wearing his penis on his side. I immediately thought about robbing the place, since I now had someone to target first, but changed my mind because I wasn't sure if the place had a no guns sign up or not, so I wasn't sure if I was allowed to pull my gun out for the robbery.

Just thought I'd share.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    OC'd with my crutches to Long's donuts this morning.

No one was killed, except a couple dozen glazed and jelly filled, along with 2 gallons of milk.

The kids were HONGRAY!

Sure, blame the kids! :D

I was in the donut shop this morning, and some guy came in wearing his penis on his side. I immediately thought about robbing the place, since I now had someone to target first, but changed my mind because I wasn't sure if the place had a no guns sign up or not, so I wasn't sure if I was allowed to pull my gun out for the robbery.

Just thought I'd share.

Uhm Joe? purple text, PURPLE TEXT! :laugh:
    :ingo:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN

Just thought I'd share.
    I have heard that guy like that are pretty dangerous.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Guess I might as well stick my :twocents: in here.

Long gun, handgun, big freakin' knife, bazooka, or no visible weapon at all, two words I try my best to put to use every day.

Situational awareness!

When it comes right down to it, if I don't know the person, I don't put full trust in that person.

And yes, I always sit back to the wall looking at the door whenever possible.
    My wife says I am paranoid, I say it is "situational awareness".

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    You know, normally I wouldn't carry a rifle out in public. But I've been keeping up with the Fort Wayne OC/police thread. I hereby advocate all of us heading to Fort Wayne and walking the streets with our ARs, AKs and shotguns. This is what happens when they screw with people over OC'ing handguns. We don't NEED any license AT ALL to carry long guns. So they would have no legal reason to detain us to check for one. Exercising our rights is NOT reasonable suspicion that any sort of crime is occurring or has occurred or is about to occur, so the FW police would quite possibly be open to suit for illegally detaining or arresting us.
    Thoughts?

:)

Indiana_Dave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Just because something is legally correct does not make it sensible. I agree that these guys jeopardize the OC movement by shocking people.

Top Bottom