• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    Yesterday I drove to mom to Evansville, where I'd never been before. On the way home I set the GPS to take me back to her house (due west of Crawfordsville). I wasn't familiar with the roads in the area and the GPS routed me north through Illinois (Highway One I think). Oops! When I saw the "Welcome to Illinois" sign it was like I was entering Mexico. I promptly turned around and went back to America. :)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Yesterday I drove to mom to Evansville, where I'd never been before. On the way home I set the GPS to take me back to her house (due west of Crawfordsville). I wasn't familiar with the roads in the area and the GPS routed me north through Illinois (Highway One I think). Oops! When I saw the "Welcome to Illinois" sign it was like I was entering Mexico. I promptly turned around and went back to America. :)

Oof… I recommend a shower!

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    It isn't really Illinois that's bad, it's pretty much just Chicagoland. So if you entered the southern part, I'm not sure a shower or quarantine is really necessary.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

You actually entered VERY GUN FRIENDLY TERRITORY down there in Southern Illinois. As pointed out by another, its Chicagoland that is unfriendly toward firearms. The rest of the state wants good carry laws, hats FOID cards, etc but those things were shoved down their throats by the Chicago-way politicians.

Its even legal to carry a gun in your car in Illinois, simply take the round of the chamber, mag out, and put the loaded magazine and unloaded gun, together, in your glovebox or armrest. No need to lock it up.

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    ^That's always how I've traveled through Illinois as I usually drive each summer to Colorado where our Indiana permits are valid. It gets old having to unload and lock up my Glock for both Illinois and Kansas. :rolleyes:

P.S. I do have to say I really like southern Illinois. My dad grew up there and it's a pretty area. They should secede from Chicago. :)

Last edited:

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Try travelling through Indiana if you're not an LTCH holder.

I hate it. Gun in the trunk, unloaded, locked up, magazine seperate.

C'mon Hoosiers.

Gino66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    SWIN
    I school at Wabash Valley in Mt Carmel, across from Princeton. States attorney down there will not prosecute anyone for the presence of a firearm. He is on record as stating gun crimes present a different story, like terroristic threatening, robbery, etc. Just to have it, no problem. Yeah, oddly WVC is one of a handful of Gunsmithing colleges in the nation. We take our guns to college regularly....

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I cross from IN to IL on my way to work in Chicago everyday but unfortunately all my little friends have to stay at home.

Last edited:

shadohman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Fort Wayne

C'mon Hoosiers.

Get a non-resident permit/license form any state and you are covered because Indiana recognizes them all, unlike Illinois where there is no option other than be one of the few privileged elected officials who are allowed to carry.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg

C'mon Hoosiers.

It would be easier to just get one, wouldn't it? Unless of course you're not allowed, or not a resident. But then IN honors many others, as stated above.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I feel your pain. Back in 1997 or so, I was trying to follow someone on some county roads in the west edge of Vermillion Co (Indiana). It was late summer and the corn was too tall to see any landmarks, it was cloudy and couldn't see the sun. The roads were not marked at the intersections and at some point, I lost the guy I was following.

When I realized I was in Vermillion Co ILLINOIS, I panicked a little.

Top Bottom