• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Of the different types of shooting that I do my handgun skills seem to be the most perishable. If I don't practice pretty regularly my abilities will suffer noticeably after a week or two. It doesn't seem to be nearly as true with my bolt gun.

I broke out my .308 yesterday for the first time in 6 months. I had loaned it to a friend to take through a school and had changed the cheek rest position, removed the suppressor and rezeroed it for him. Yesterday I got around to putting it back the way I need it. It took 7 rounds to get my 100 yard zero back where I wanted it to be so I fired the last 3 rounds of the mag to confirm everything was good.

3rdgp.jpg

Wish I could maintain my skill levels with a handgun like that.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    Of the different types of shooting that I do my handgun skills seem to be the most perishable. If I don't practice pretty regularly my abilities will suffer noticeably after a week or two. It doesn't seem to be nearly as true with my bolt gun.

I broke out my .308 yesterday for the first time in 6 months. I had loaned it to a friend to take through a school and had changed the cheek rest position, removed the suppressor and rezeroed it for him. Yesterday I got around to putting it back the way I need it. It took 7 rounds to get my 100 yard zero back where I wanted it to be so I fired the last 3 rounds of the mag to confirm everything was good.

3rdgp.jpg

Wish I could maintain my skill levels with a handgun like that.

Are you sure you didn't just grab a white box and use a black sharpie to draw those on there? :):

Great shooting sir. I hope to reach this level myself one day!

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ever since you posted that picture of the dime you shot thats in that clear block I have been amazed. modern day robin hood with a rifle

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Nice group, good shooting.

Now if you want a real challenge, shoot for score, one shot in each bull, with the X ring being nothing more than a dot, and the 10 ring being 1/2 OD, and a bullet hole must be over 1/2 inside the ring to count for 10.

Top Bottom