• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have no idea if this is a good topic or not, but here goes.

What do you guy's think the possibities of the Old Fort Wayne here in Fort Wayne would be for a SHTF holdout? I'm talking real end of civilized society, never coming back any time soon kind SHTF. It's got a good location, and it's not half bad for a replica.

Those of you not familiar with Fort Wayne might be at a lose here. Sorry about that. If need be a link a few websites to give you an idea of what it looks like.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    The "neighbors" have set fire to it several times, with varying degrees of damage. The rules about fire are VERY stringent for those who use it for living histories. If the people who run it are that worried about fire, I would be also.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The "neighbors" have set fire to it several times, with varying degrees of damage. The rules about fire are VERY stringent for those who use it for living histories. If the people who run it are that worried about fire, I would be also.

Ahhh! Well given the area it's in I'm not surprised. O well, it was a thought.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Getting the hell out of Ft Wayne would be my first priority! You could always go back in a couple years if you have a true love of the city. I just can't see it though. I hate the way it has changed over the past 25 years.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    As Warlord of Fort Wayne post SHTF, I will be occupying the top two floors of Summit Square. With a helipad, snipers w/ Barretts and a bunch of hard men. Only John McClain could get to me.

J man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Defiance, OH area
    As Warlord of Fort Wayne post SHTF, I will be occupying the top two floors of Summit Square. With a helipad, snipers w/ Barretts and a bunch of hard men. Only John McClain could get to me.

I saw a Vietnam era Huey(?) on e bay last night, in MD if a remember right, you could use that the get off of Summit Square if it got real bad.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne

Ahhh, I see the light now. Well, since we'll go that way. I'll take the Lincoln Building and have access to 4 building's without having to ever step foot outside then.

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    Ft. Wayne would be too populated. You might as well come to Ft. Recovery, Ohio. There are only about 1000 people in that town.

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    Hmmmmmmmmmmm........... Interesting...... Im just playing, I couldnt resist. :laugh:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Here's a thought. In event of real SHTF, GET THE XXXX OUT OF TOWN.

Best advice so far!!!

If SHTF I've read some people talking about staying in or near the cities, but I'm going to be getting the heck away from all of that as fast as I can. We're in the process of selling our house and building in the country just to get out of city where we'll have less neighbors, but hopefully more self reliant neighbors.

There's lessons to be learned from the Old Fort that you can take with you to a location outside of the city. For example there are any sides of the fort that don't have little gun windows on it.

Top Bottom