• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Actually you missed it. Since he's a cop, he's automatically guilty. If he weren't a cop, it shouldn't be a crime because declaring something a crime required government involvement and that cannot be tolerated. But since it's against a cop it will be ok this time.

ol' trucker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    indianapolis
    Actually you missed it. Since he's a cop, he's automatically guilty. If he weren't a cop, it shouldn't be a crime because declaring something a crime required government involvement and that cannot be tolerated. But since it's against a cop it will be ok this time.

Haha..that's not even right. but I understand what your saying.:D

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    This board gets more and more confusing every time I log in... :n00b:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I forgot to add that if he weren't a cop, his rights would have absolutely been violated when he was arrested and any evidence against him likely planted.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Because we all know that ALL cops are, truly to their core, deep, dark, disturbed individuals, with small penises and inferiority complexes and bullies and do their absolute best everyday to trample people's rights with their jackboots and nobody EVER makes up a false complaint to get back at a cop....

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute

You've got it all wrong phylodog. You see, its all in the eye of the beholder. If the person reading the article is a jack booted thug, then obviously the guy in the article is a good cop who's getting the shaft.

On the other hand, if the person reading the article is a scumbag criminal then the cop in the article is a bad cop and the other cops will mistakenly band together to protect him.

If, however, the person reading the article does not have a background in law enforcement and they have never been arrested before then they aren't experienced enough for their opinion to matter.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I do have a serious question though...

1. Much as I will advocate on behalf of sex offenders, I'm perfectly well aware that the things they do are horrible things that need to be addressed.

2. I'm not a cop, but this guy is also an adoptive/foster father, which I am in the process of becoming. It didn't bother me that a cop is being arrested for such things, but just the tenuous connection on the fatherhood front made me feel like I'd been kicked in the guts.

So I wonder... is that how you cops feel when you read stories like this?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The only emotion I feel, as a cop, when I read a story like this is anger that someone who was supposed to be an example of how to behave, decided not to and perception of anyone else with a badge will suffer as a result.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

The guy initiated force on another. Force. The other person was not an eager adult sex partner of consenting age. If the allegations are true, the guy victimized someone, namely, a defenseless kid. You have my blessing to provide a proper trial for the accused and use all the constitutionally defined levels of government involvement to resolve the case.

Now we can dispel the idea that I think no function of government is legitimate. It just so happens that I start an inordinate amount of threads about bad apples and nanny laws, so you must have thought I believed otherwise.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    The only emotion I feel, as a cop, when I read a story like this is anger that someone who was supposed to be an example of how to behave, decided not to and perception of anyone else with a badge will suffer as a result.
    I'm not trying to start anything personal here, but your words assign guilt. Do you believe him guilty, or is it just hasty wording?

The reason I ask is because I maintain a belief that in our culture today (and perhaps in all cultures), mere accusation tilts opinion automatically towards a belief in guilt, and the more heinous or disgusting the offense from the observer's perspective, the more severely their opinion is biased by accusation alone.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I'm not trying to start anything personal here, but your words assign guilt. Do you believe him guilty, or is it just hasty wording?

The reason I ask is because I maintain a belief that in our culture today (and perhaps in all cultures), mere accusation tilts opinion automatically towards a belief in guilt, and the more heinous or disgusting the offense from the observer's perspective, the more severely their opinion is biased by accusation alone.

That is the "Something bad happened therefore somebody needs punished" reaction. Sometimes it doesn't matter who gets punished so long as somebody gets it and gets it good. Then we can all feel better.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

Being a police officer for twelve years has led me to believe that if there is sufficient probable cause for the arrest, they are most likely guilty. This of course means that I make assumptions about the quality of the investigative work that went into the case and those assumptions could always be wrong but that is why you detect an assumption of guilt from me. That assumption can always be changed if I learn the facts of the case but I lean that way from the beginning.

Most times, where there is smoke there is fire.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    Being a police officer for twelve years has led me to believe that if there is sufficient probable cause for the arrest, they are most likely guilty. This of course means that I make assumptions about the quality of the investigative work that went into the case and those assumptions could always be wrong but that is why you detect an assumption of guilt from me. That assumption can always be changed if I learn the facts of the case but I lean that way from the beginning.

Most times, where there is smoke there is fire.
    this, although sometimes i wish it were possible for the names/faces to not be released until a conviction is reached. not always possible though.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Innocent until proven guilty! The article doesn't have much to offer really, other than a single allegation.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I just checked and my penis is small (don't let my photo fool you) so i should apply immediately.

I remember a cop here in indy was accused of driving his police car around, pulling up to attractive women and yanking it furiously. When the police showed up at his house to detain/question/and subsequently arrest him they noticed that there wasn't a police car in his driveway. They asked him where his car was he told them that his car had been getting an alignment and he hadn't picked it up yet since he just got back from florida. Turns out one of the alignment guys was driving his car around flinging baby batter everywhere. In the news the cop was a pervert and though the story only aired for a day they didn't print a retraction once it was proven not to be him. The cop was also given his same car back with all the crusty DNA everywhere.

i know this has nothing to do with anything, but i was just reminded of this and thought it'd be an interesting/funny read for u guys.

Top Bottom