• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    what happened to Karl from karlsgunbunker.

I just realized that his status appears to be in limbo. Karl, I hope that all is well :patriot:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Karl decided he didn't want to post here anymore. No more, no less. He's welcome to come back anytime and his account is, and always has been, open.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I've noticed and given it some thought myself. Just not the same family fun place :rolleyes:
    It's getting a bit "radical". I swear we have been invaded by a population of teens. Sadly, myself and my fellow LEO's here are feeling out of place. There is a huge group of us that are VERY pro 2nd amendment. However, there is a growing number here who see us as the enemy. Sure, they will have a totally negative comment about our careers but qualify their statement by saying "but you are a good LEO" because I post here. That is BS. I love my profession and have works with 100's of good officers over the course of my career and not once have I felt that they crossed the line or violated their oath. We are NOT the enemy and being a LEO is a noble profession that allows me to hold my head high, my kids and wife are VERY proud of what I do. Sadly, my love for firearms takes a back seat to being a LEO here. I am running out of energy trying to correct all the flaming misconceptions that people are basing their negative views of us on. Sadly, some of my personal friends who seem popular here have stopped posting for these reasons. Also, this board seems to be going down a dark road. People are talking about ideas and notions that would violate the very oath I swore to and hold dear. They are skirting the rules but their ideas are plain as day. As an LEO I will never involve myself in conversations that even come close to these tin-foil notions. As long as no one uses a particular phrase, these posts are allowed to continue and what is worse, people are becoming relaxed around the ideas. We will censor words and even abbreviation of foul language to keep this place family friendly but these posts that reference "phrases that we will not speak of" are allowed to continue and grow. Sadly, my self and quite a few of my members have found that we are gun enthusiasts without a home. I've been here from the start and it was GREAT, now I and like minded members are getting pushed out by the more radical members. Our welcome is getting worn out I'm afraid and there is little I can do about it. My true passion is WWII firearms (C&R FFL) and I assure you that crowd is much more welcoming in the 10 yrs I've been a part of it.

Last edited:

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Guys i hate to say it, but i think because of the political climate we are now in. We have attracted alot of people that really arent as savvy as the people that have been around gun forums for awhile as a result is seems to me that the post just arent as interesting as they use to be. And having this rep stuff just makes me feel like im on glock talk ( back in the day) when people would be like "well i have more posts than you so i must be better than you". I also still dont understand the bacon thing, If i didnt know any better i would say most of you eat bacon 24/7 and that just makes my heart hurt. Im not trying to be mean or anything im just trying to explain my feelings about the situation.

Top Bottom