• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Almost every day of the week when I use my smart phone, (Samsung, Android) like 3-4:00 in the morning or even later in the day it acts like it doesn't have time for me, it's busy doing its own thing.
    So much so that it gets very hot when I don't have anything running, and then later it will finally settle down to where I can use it to do what I want.
    Now it will show downloads in progress but there are none,
    But! It does not show uploads, there is no indicator to inform me of it. So is someone uploading or tracking my information?
    Now it does inform me when there are updates available but I have to give permission for them.
    It gets maddening when I need to use it in a hurry but I can't because it's busy doing something else. It effects everything on the phone, all apps.

Any idea on what is going on.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Mine downloads system updates in the middle of the night. Always been a droid user and it seems pretty common.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    That's what you get for buying Samsung smart phones. They are junk. It's like the high point of smartphones.

Get yourself a Motorola.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Almost every day of the week when I use my smart phone, (Samsung, Android) like 3-4:00 in the morning or even later in the day it acts like it doesn't have time for me, it's busy doing its own thing.
    So much so that it gets very hot when I don't have anything running, and then later it will finally settle down to where I can use it to do what I want.
    Now it will show downloads in progress but there are none,
    But! It does not show uploads, there is no indicator to inform me of it. So is someone uploading or tracking my information?
    Now it does inform me when there are updates available but I have to give permission for them.
    It gets maddening when I need to use it in a hurry but I can't because it's busy doing something else. It effects everything on the phone, all apps.

Any idea on what is going on.

You need to make sure any data is backed up to two separate locations. Memory card, your computer, or the cloud.

Then do a factory reset. Let or prompt the phone to get all updates.

Samsung phones are great, but power hungry, and rough on batteries. The phone getting hot kills the battery. Hopefully yours isn't swelled, which adds to overheating by pushing on the boards and electronics.

Try not to charge phone when its busy doing other stuff. Keep the charge level 50-80% most of the time.

Use your "recently used apps" button to then close all apps working in the background. Also optimize in the device care area in settings.

Last edited:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    How much storage space do you have left?
    Roughly 14-3/4 gb out of 16 gb.
    This has been a concern of mine for some time.
    I have shut down or turned off several apps and cleared the cache and it seemed to help.
    I would like to move all of my pictures to my SD card which is near empty but I'm afraid of losing them like I have before.
    I would love to do a back up and reset but don't understand how to do it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom