May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

I was stationed in Los Angeles when the trial happened.* One of our GS05 secretaries, a black woman in her early 50s, was in the jury pool. I talked with her when she came back, having not been selected. She said the prosecution took her off, she thought because she had a relative in prison. After talking with her a few more minutes it became apparent that the prosecution did the defense a big favor. She made it clear she did not like OJ and thought him guilty.

*when the chase happened too. It was wild to watch it on TV and see him driving on the same streets that I drove.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

She didn't say that black people felt connected to him, but everyone knew the congruity of OJ's trial, and the trials of white men, particularly in the south, who had killed black people, and who had been acquitted in the past.

Are there people who were not aware of that?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    if I recall correctly it was Simpson‘s Bronco and Cowlings was driving him that day of the big pursuit.
    Nope. O.J. owned the exact type of white Bronco and after he bought his, sycophant that he was, Al Cowlings bought a matching one. It was Al Cowlings that was in the famous "slow speed chase" (which my wife and I watched in real time).

O.J.'s Bronco was parked outside the Brentwood home the night of the murder and had been seized for evidence on June 12th or 13th (it had blood evidence in it). The "slow speed chase" was on Friday June 17, 1994 and O.J.s Bronco was still held by the police.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    The glove thing always got me. The way I understood it, the glove was out at least over one night, maybe more, and it looked like it was wet from dew, then it dried out. That's going to shrink up a glove. Then, add to that the fact that OJ had to put a grippy latex glove first before trying the shrunken glove on?

Top Bottom