• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IRISH1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    South Bend
    I saw a news segment today that made me think about how bad the society in America is. Only in great tragedy do we come together as a nation, help out others, and show we care. It could also be that the media sucks at publishing stories that should be in the news. However it seems, to me, that Americans need to get back to living as a community and caring for one another, instead of trying to live in hiding in communities that are untolerable.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Reviving an old thread that still rings true.
    I was driving home from work. A fire truck passed a car that was broken down on the other side of the road and the car was parked to the side out of traffic on an overpass. It was occupied by two women. The firetruck did a U-turn to block the lane of traffic next to the car. They could have just drove on by instead of stopping to offer help. It gave me a little hope.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Reviving an old thread that still rings true.
    I was driving home from work. A fire truck passed a car that was broken down on the other side of the road and the car was parked to the side out of traffic on an overpass. It was occupied by two women. The firetruck did a U-turn to block the lane of traffic next to the car. They could have just drove on by instead of stopping to offer help. It gave me a little hope.
    If two women got assaulted by firemen, we know who to blame. :D

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    We may have gotten to the point where "coming together" is no longer an option. I am not willing to move to the left, pay more taxes, redistribute my work to those incapable or unwilling to work or accept further encroachment on the Bill of Rights to appease anyone. The left is only looking for more of that so flock them.

:ar15:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We may have gotten to the point where "coming together" is no longer an option. I am not willing to move to the left, pay more taxes, redistribute my work to those incapable or unwilling to work or accept further encroachment on the Bill of Rights to appease anyone. The left is only looking for more of that so flock them.

Much truth here.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

I don't think there's much I can do to impact the world, or the country. I have my little sphere of influence where I can make a difference so I try to when I can. I can't fix everything, but I can help someone out from time to time. Kinda like a story that was once told to answer the question: "who is my neighbor?" Answer: "those you can help." Good enough.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't think there's much I can do to impact the world, or the country. I have my little sphere of influence where I can make a difference so I try to when I can. I can't fix everything, but I can help someone out from time to time. Kinda like a story that was once told to answer the question: "who is my neighbor?" Answer: "those you can help." Good enough.

I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to do. :)

[video=youtube;lSYFJB7o9ZQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSYFJB7o9ZQ[/video]

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My hope is that all is not lost. My fear is that it isn't going to happen until people have to start worrying about where their next meal will come from. That is the only way to convince some that most of the "problems" with this country, aren't. We haven't "evolved" into some new model of human being, we've just taken most of the effort out of surviving, creating a void which has been filled with "feelings".

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to do. :)

[video=youtube;lSYFJB7o9ZQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSYFJB7o9ZQ[/video]

+10 for the TYA reference, but I need to get the spare mag

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DoggyDaddy again.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    My hope is that all is not lost. My fear is that it isn't going to happen until people have to start worrying about where their next meal will come from. That is the only way to convince some that most of the "problems" with this country, aren't. We haven't "evolved" into some new model of human being, we've just taken most of the effort out of surviving, creating a void which has been filled with "feelings".

Unfortunately, I think there will be blood before people awaken to what's needed

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    My fear is that if both sides keep thinking the problem is the left vs the right then America has already lost. I see it as an out of control government that seeks growth nomatter who is in power vs the American people and individual freedom. They are doing a good job pitting us against eachother by making politics almost like a religion for some people, blindly following party leaders. As long as the two party system is strong people will continue to choose between one big government ideology or the other. In the meantime we continue to move away from individual freedom and the government continues to grow. Ok maybe i went full Libertarian with that one.

Top Bottom