• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    All the congrats to you phylodog. Your persistance definately paid off big time. That's a fine buck. I admit I'm a little jealous of your time in the field as I am stuck working 6 days a week. Enjoy the moment you certainly earned it!!!!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    All the congrats to you phylodog. Your persistance definately paid off big time. That's a fine buck. I admit I'm a little jealous of your time in the field as I am stuck working 6 days a week. Enjoy the moment you certainly earned it!!!!

Thanks Trailrider. I'm very fortunate in both the amount of time off I get every year and in having a very understanding wife. Usually one week a year dedicated to turkey hunting, at least 8 Saturdays or Sundays every summer working the lease and three weeks in the woods for deer.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Great work phylodog! I was just thinking last night as I was getting caught up on everyone's hunts, that you would be getting your shot soon. You've put in the work and the time, and it paid off! Well done.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I opted out today at 3:30. This 10 pt came in on a doe bleat. Showed me his vitals for several minutes. I passed on him and he walked away. I said to myself if he comes back Im gonna shoot him. End of story.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I didn't measure him and I'm not a good judge, my hunting partner estimates him in the mid to high 130's. He's not very wide but those G2's drew me in!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I opted out today at 3:30. This 10 pt came in on a doe bleat. Showed me his vitals for several minutes. I passed on him and he walked away. I said to myself if he comes back Im gonna shoot him. End of story.

Another great buck...this thread delivers! Hope we see some more now that the weather is really starting to get the moving!

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    DSC03043_zps35acbce8.jpg

Excellent deer and a great quality photo. Congrats!

Tobryan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Lafayette
    I didn't measure him and I'm not a good judge, my hunting partner estimates him in the mid to high 130's. He's not very wide but those G2's drew me in!

Looks like he could gross 140 inches pretty easy. That 9th point on the left beam will take it down a bit. Great buck. I agree, that is hard to pass up.

Top Bottom