• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Regardless of what they say on their forum, we are not going to reciprocate here. If you don't like what they have to say, you can take it to their forum. It does not belong here.
    We can't take it there. It's Officer.com. We are not police officers. Why can't we discuss the attitudes and statements of Indiana law enforcement officers here?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    The most notable thing to me about visiting that site is the strong undercurrent of contempt for civilian opinion.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    his forum... his rules...

That is pretty clear. Clear enough for me.

I suspect that reasonable, non bashing commentary would be allowed. However, on a public forum like this one, keeping commentary reasonable on a heated topic like this one is next to impossible.
    :twocents:

:ingo:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    seems like some of the JBT wannabes over there have an issue with citizen awareness of firearm carry and the RKBA.
    Not directed exactly at you, Cul, but we do see this quite often here... why would any LEO want to have a civil, disagreeable discussion with people who go around calling them JBTs?

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Have to side with Pami

I have to side with Pami on this one. Yeah, from a LEO's perspective, it is safer for them to do their job if there are fewer guns around. They don't know what level of training you have, whether or not you are responsible or even whose side you are on. They know that their fellow LEO's have minimum standardized training so yeah, it is going to be natural for a person who has to view everyone as a potential threat to be a little bit down on armed citizens. If they want to complain about it to each other on their private forum, let them.

I'm not opposed to discussing specific circumstances of behavior by LEO's, but I am opposed to cop bashing in general.

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    not directed at officers in general, i would say that most of my interactions with police have been positive (other than i have had my fair share of speeding tickets) and i think that most police and sheriff's deputies respect the citizens they serve and the Constitution they swore an oath to uphold...

the attitude of the folks we are talking about at officer.com is very JBT-like... not like your average cop on the street. IMO If you read the post on that web site they are VERY condescending toward the armed citizen... Scary. very NAZI like attitudes.

JBT: Jack Booted Thug ("authorities" with disdain for citizens... similar to NAZI or Stasi)
    RKBA: Right to Keep and Bear Arms (2nd Amendment)

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Not directed exactly at you, Cul, but we do see this quite often here... why would any LEO want to have a civil, disagreeable discussion with people who go around calling them JBTs?
    Nobody called them JBTs on the thread on officer.com, yet they still talked like JBTs. Hmmm...

I have no problem with LEOs in general. [holier than thou voice] Some of my friends are LEOs. [/holierthanthou]
    I have a problem with LEOs that convey the attitude that they don't like us lowly "civilians" having the right to defend ourselves in whatever legal way we want. That is the attitude of jack-booted thugs.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I have to side with Pami on this one. Yeah, from a LEO's perspective, it is safer for them to do their job if there are fewer guns around.
    really? You can't just make things up. Guns don't just go around shooting cops, even cop killer guns with cop killer bullets.
    They don't know what level of training you have, whether or not you are responsible or even whose side you are on.
    my training is none of their concern. wouldn't it be more in there interest for civilians who might have the potential to shoot back at them to have less training rather than more? I know I'd rather have someone holding their gun sideways shooting at me instead of an IPSC champion.
    They know that their fellow LEO's have minimum standardized training so yeah, it is going to be natural for a person who has to view everyone as a potential threat to be a little bit down on armed citizens.
    emphasis on the "minimum"
    If they want to complain about it to each other on their private forum, let them.
    It's not private, any more than a town hall meeting or a session of congress is private. their comments can be seen by anybody. The statements are made in public.
    I'm not opposed to discussing specific circumstances of behavior by LEO's, but I am opposed to cop bashing in general.
    This thread is to discuss those specific circumstances of behavior on officer.com

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I have to side with Pami on this one. Yeah, from a LEO's perspective, it is safer for them to do their job if there are fewer guns around. They don't know what level of training you have, whether or not you are responsible or even whose side you are on. They know that their fellow LEO's have minimum standardized training so yeah, it is going to be natural for a person who has to view everyone as a potential threat to be a little bit down on armed citizens. If they want to complain about it to each other on their private forum, let them.

I gotta disagree with you on that...I think a truer statement would be "From a LEO's perspective, it is safer for them to do their job if there are fewer guns in the hands of BG's around."

In Switzerland, where every man is armed with a rifle, look at the crime rate...
    ch_crime.gif

I haven't looked up rates in the US yet, but I can only imagine it is far higher than this.

And as far as LEO not knowing whose side we are on, the same could be said of them...are the trust worthy law enforcement or are they just another JBT.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Nobody called them JBTs on the thread on officer.com, yet they still talked like JBTs. Hmmm...

I have no problem with LEOs in general. [holier than thou voice] Some of my friends are LEOs. [/holierthanthou]
    I have a problem with LEOs that convey the attitude that they don't like us lowly "civilians" having the right to defend ourselves in whatever legal way we want. That is the attitude of jack-booted thugs.
    My misunderstanding then. I always took the term to indicate police officers who overstep their bounds, in other words, use their authority to get away with intimidating non-LEO citizens.

I haven't seen it recently (although I'll admit I haven't been reading as much as I used to... you guys talk too fast!), but for a while there, cops were getting a *really* hard time on this site.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    My misunderstanding then. I always took the term to indicate police officers who overstep their bounds, in other words, use their authority to get away with intimidating non-LEO citizens.
    I didn't mean that the attitude of not wanting people to have guns is the only attitude that JBTs have, but it is part of it. don't you think that the attitudes on officer.com are attempts to intimidate non-police into not open carrying?

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Tying to Clarify

ATF,

What I am trying to say is that I can understand why a LEO would be nervous about armed citizens and want to complain about it in a discussion forum. It doesn't bother me that they are nervous or want to gripe about it online so long as they don't actually do anything to try to prevent me from exercising my rights.

Is that more clear?

Top Bottom