• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    When I got on officer.com to read that thread, what I saw were complaints about people open carrying, not about RKBA. The persons who posted were complaining about people who carried their weapons openly rather than concealing them. I took the thread to mean that they were only against open carrying.

Go back and read the thread. It is a debate about open vs. concealed carry and it isn't too different from the debates that go on here. Some of the posters favored OC, some favored CC. A coupl of them made deragotory commments about non-LEO's who OC. None of them seemed to be against RKBA, some seemed to think that open carry is dumb. Can't they have opinions?

Chip, chip, chip. That is the sound of people who "support" the Constitution, chipping away at their own rights, one piece of liberty at a time.

Once upon a time, staunch 2A supporters were only against automatic weapons.
    Then they were only against guns that were over a certain caliber.
    Then they were only against guns whose barrels were too short.
    Then they were only against silencers.
    Then they were only against guns on airplanes.
    Then they were only against guns on school property.
    Then they were only against guns on state property.
    Then they were only against guns in parks.
    Then they were only against the idea people under 18 bearing arms.
    Then they were only against the idea of carrying without a state-approved license to carry.
    Then they were only against buying too many guns in month.
    Then they were only against guns which didn't have enough American made parts.
    Then they were only against guns that looked like military rifles.
    Then they were only against guns that had barrel shrouds.
    Then they were only against high capacity magazines.
    Then they were only against cop killin' bullets.
    Then they were only against guns that were inexpensive.
    Then they were only against open carry for "civilians".

What part of "shall not be infringed" did all of those 2A "supporters" miss? Each time they take another right away from us, they say that they understand the tradition and support the constitution, but we just have to limit/regulate/ban ##### for the safety of the public. When is enough enough!!?

Lets not kid ourselves about who supports the RKBA and who doesn't.
    With friends like that, who needs enemies?
    Even some INGOers have stated that they support more gun control in the past.

Last edited:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I agree it is a CC vs OC debate going on, period.

Go back and read the thread. It is a debate about open vs. concealed carry and it isn't too different from the debates that go on here. Some of the posters favored OC, some favored CC. A coupl of them made deragotory commments about non-LEO's who OC. None of them seemed to be against RKBA, some seemed to think that open carry is dumb. Can't they have opinions?

I agree the debate there is over OC vs CC and people shouldn't be reading anything else into it. I have been monoturing officer.com’s forum for some time and that site has the same mix of people and opinions as you find on any other forum incuding INGO. One thing I don’t see there is the piling onto some poor slob who happens to post an opinion that is opposite of the position of the "regular" posters. The LEO baching I have read in the past on INGO is sickening to say the least and I am glad to see some of the mods cracking down on it. You can learn a lot from just about any group if you keep an open mind.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Here are a few more gems from another OC thread.

Originally Posted by CAleo
    If I saw or noticed someone carrying concealed then I would jam them up until they could produce either LE Creds, or a CCW Permit. And I would do so whether or not the person looked like an LEO or not.

If they have either of the required documents then I would send them on their way.
    Originally Posted by CAleo
    Even if the public didn't see the "accidental display" and I saw it, I wouldn't take it too kindly.

There are a lot of bad people out there that are looking for an opportunity to take us out (case in point Washington).

When I see a gun on a plain clothes wearin person and no badge it doesn't really sit well with me, kinda makes me a little nervous.

I like to react first for my safety, and ask questions later.

In that scenario I believe I could articulate the fact that I felt threatened and a firearm was exhibited.

Officers stopped for carrying out of uniform? Poll. - Page 2

This is the guy that scares me. He is going to "jam up" anyone he sees carrying that accidentally exposes their weapon?? Even after other fellow Officers point out to him how out of line he is, he sticks to his original premise.

Sounds like the Sheriff in Wisconsin with the similar take on civilians carrying, and those attitudes both **** me off, and frighten the heck outta me.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    This is the guy that scares me. He is going to "jam up" anyone he sees carrying that accidentally exposes their weapon?? Even after other fellow Officers point out to him how out of line he is, he sticks to his original premise.

Sounds like the Sheriff in Wisconsin with the similar take on civilians carrying, and those attitudes both **** me off, and frighten the heck outta me.

And when he says "he believes he could articulate" it sounds a lot like he's saying he would modify what he said to match what he already knew he wanted to do.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Another post from officer.com

Here is a copy and paste of a post by ybtj:

"You say that someone who is open carrying is the first one to get shot in a bank robbery or car jacking, can you provide at least one example of when this has ever happened?

Open carry is a deterrent to crime. Most likely,nobody is going to mess with someone who is carrying a gun. However, if you are carrying concealed, the criminal does not know that you are armed, and he is going to attack you. After he attacks you, you may or may not have time to draw your weapon. If you were open carrying, there's a good possibility he never would have messed with you in the first place.

I'll have to find some documentation of this incident, but I remember hearing about a guy who was OC'ing in a bank when two guys with gun and masks walked in who were planning on robbing the place. When they saw the OC'er who was standing in line, they turned around and ran away. Crime averted.

I am grateful for open carry, without it I would not be able to carry at all because I am too young to obtain my CHP."

All I am saying it that they are having a discussion the same as we have here.

lumpy39us

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Ya know I really feel for the LEO's, especially since, rumor has it, Indianapolis is charging people $2500 to fight a traffic citation. The LEO's are on the streets, the judges and the lawmakers are all safe and secure where ever.
    You LEO's got my thanks and prayers!

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    I have to side with Pami on this one. Yeah, from a LEO's perspective, it is safer for them to do their job if there are fewer guns around. They don't know what level of training you have, whether or not you are responsible or even whose side you are on. They know that their fellow LEO's have minimum standardized training so yeah, it is going to be natural for a person who has to view everyone as a potential threat to be a little bit down on armed citizens. If they want to complain about it to each other on their private forum, let them.

I'm not opposed to discussing specific circumstances of behavior by LEO's, but I am opposed to cop bashing in general.

Thank you.

jwglock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Lafayette area
    Chip, chip, chip. That is the sound of people who "support" the Constitution, chipping away at their own rights, one piece of liberty at a time.

Then they were only against the idea of carrying without a state-approved license to carry.

What part of "shall not be infringed" did all of those 2A "supporters" miss? Each time they take another right away from us, they say that they understand the tradition and support the constitution, but we just have to limit/regulate/ban ##### for the safety of the public. When is enough enough!!?

AMEN BROTHER! I salute you :patriot:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008

Maybe I need to add an "open carry" line to my take on the "First they came" theme:

One strategy that has worked very well for anti-gun groups in the past has been "divide and conquer" tell some people (e.g. hunters) that they support your right to get them to stand aside while others rights are restricted. In an effort to help combat that, I've composed the following. Please feel free to pass it around:

First they came for the "assault weapons"
    but I didn't speak up because who needs an assault weapon?

Then they came for the Saturday Night Specials,
    but I didn't speak up because they're just junk guns.

Then they came for the high capacity magazines,
    but I didn't speak up because I only need a few rounds in the tube

Then they came for all the handguns,
    but I didn't speak up because I don't use a handgun to hunt

Then they came for the High Powered Sniper Rifles,
    but I didn't speak up because I don't use one of those.

When they came for the shotguns and muzzleloaders,
    there was no one left to speak up.

Folks, the anti-gun crowd are not going to leave you alone. Just because they aren't going after you today, just because they claim that they support your "right to hunt," don't be fooled. They say we need to compromise, but we've been "compromising" since 1934. The ink isn't even dry on each new "agreement" before thay are talking about the "next step." Each time you fail to support some portion of the community of law-abiding gun owners, you weaken yourself against the time they eventually come after you.

It's time to stop compromising. It's time to get back our rights.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I agree the debate there is over OC vs CC and people shouldn't be reading anything else into it. I have been monoturing officer.com’s forum for some time and that site has the same mix of people and opinions as you find on any other forum incuding INGO. One thing I don’t see there is the piling onto some poor slob who happens to post an opinion that is opposite of the position of the "regular" posters. The LEO baching I have read in the past on INGO is sickening to say the least and I am glad to see some of the mods cracking down on it. You can learn a lot from just about any group if you keep an open mind.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have to disagree with you on this, Michiana. I was active on that forum for a short time and it is made up of cops that do not appreciate opinions whatsoever. Many of the officers I worked with agreed. I once brought up a question about possible mandatory college education for LEOs and I was dang near tossed out of the forum for it. Anybody that posts on there with an opinion gets ripped apart pretty quickly. I quit posting there a long time ago due to their opinions of part-time cops and reserves. It's a cop forum with elitist overtones. :)

I see a lot less of that on most of these forums. People actually respect the opinion of people from every background here. Officer.com members always check a profile to see if the person has themselves listed as a cop. If not, that's the first thing they bring up and the poster's opinion no longer counts.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    I am sure there are plenty of ACLU, ACORN supported Cop bashing forums out there to join. Most Officers I know support Gun Owner's rights because they are ones too. If only we would all wear our neon signs around our necks. Their jobs would be sooooo much easier.

Top Bottom