• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I apologize for not providing more "evidence" earlier. These photos were taken after my brother was allowed to retrieve the car. we purchased the dowel rods and snapped these photos, which enabled him to get the attention of the prosecutor. The prosecutor met with us and the IMPD's forensic team (with the fancy lasers and such) and thats when things began to move in the right direction.

The photo on the news only shows the front of the vehicle, here are a few more...

Front
    View attachment 41287

Passenger front
    View attachment 41288

Passenger rear
    View attachment 41289

passenger rear tire
    View attachment 41290

Passenger rear rim
    View attachment 41291

Other things to consider...

!. This occurred in the middle of winter when people tend to not have their windows rolled down
    2. Someone is running toward you yelling and shining a flashlight in your eyes
    3. You notice the gun already drawn

I will see about getting the transcripts and audio of the statement the former reserve officer and witnesses gave. i don't have a copy, and i am not sure whether its my brother or his attorney that has it. I know that when i listened to it that Krebs had claimed to have exited his back door with his shotgun, then traded it for his flashlight and handgun from his patrol car. This just stood out to me a a strange thing to do, but then again, i will admit i haven't gone through IMPD training and this could be normal... I will say it seems they are all very well trained at defending each other

ewoodworth1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    ne indianapolis
    Typical. Frankly, the officer has no right to refuse since the firearm did not belong to him. So would you be fine with an officer refusing after an incident involving the police car provided to him??? I know my employer requires a full drug test after every accident.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Typical. Frankly, the officer has no right to refuse since the firearm did not belong to him. So would you be fine with an officer refusing after an incident involving the police car provided to him??? I know my employer requires a full drug test after every accident.

Typical though not surprising that you would post a selective response. Frankly, you are wrong. Please post your reference for this false information.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Off-duty on my OWN property.....I don't drink and I'm telling anyone asking me to give a PBT a FU!!!! Ownership of the firearm means nothing.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Explain to me how you have bullet entry from the front and the rear and you win.

Explain to me how an intoxicated teenager driving, tresspassing, creeping around a strangers house at 2am and striking the man with his car is an innocent victim and I'll answer your question.

ewoodworth1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    ne indianapolis
    Explain to me how an intoxicated teenager driving, tresspassing, creeping around a strangers house at 2am and striking the man with his car is an innocent victim and I'll answer your question.

Why are you so convinced that this is what happened?
    I can't force you to believe that a cop is capable of screwing up and covering his own ass.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Why are you so convinced that this is what happened?
    I can't force you to believe that a cop is incapable of screwing up an covering his own ass.

I never said the officer didn't make a mistake. I'm quite capable of recognizing that and I'll do so just as soon as you and those of your ilk admit that it is quite reasonable to view the actions of your nephew as a threat, that what happened that night does not serve as an indictment of the entire agency and that you, nor your nephews lawyer don't know the first ****ing thing about LE firearms training so your talking our your ass when you comment on it.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    What did he blow, I think it said he was 19, so it should have been 0.0
    It's not trespassing unless you have been told to leave and don't .
    Knocking on the door is not creeping.
    It's was 12:30 am not 2am.
    I don't know what part of the car hit him, but one story said the homeowner came up behind the car.

I bet if I answered my door by creeping up behind someone that just knocked with a gun (I'm not sure when it pointed at them) it would not go over to well.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It is trespassing if you enter private property without permission. It may not reach the level of a criminal offense until told to leave and you refuse but it is trespassing. If you knock on my door at 12:30am or 2am you can bet you're going to be greeted by someone with a gun in their hand. What happens after that is dependent upon your actions.

I've stated numerous times in this thread that I was not there. I've asked numerous times for evidence to the contrary of the second hand information I had of the events. I have yet to receive it. If the officer was wrong then he was wrong and it was contrary to his training. Until I receive evidence to the contrary, the information I have on what occurred falls within the reasonableness standard.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What did he blow, I think it said he was 19, so it should have been 0.0
    It's not trespassing unless you have been told to leave and don't .
    Knocking on the door is not creeping.
    It's was 12:30 am not 2am.
    I don't know what part of the car hit him, but one story said the homeowner came up behind the car.

I bet if I answered my door by creeping up behind someone that just knocked with a gun (I'm not sure when it pointed at them) it would not go over to well.

Uh....no, if you come onto my property uninvited and the signs are in full view it is trespass.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I never said the officer didn't make a mistake. I'm quite capable of recognizing that and I'll do so just as soon as you and those of your ilk admit that it is quite reasonable to view the actions of your nephew as a threat, that what happened that night does not serve as an indictment of the entire agency and that you, nor your nephews lawyer don't know the first ****ing thing about LE firearms training so your talking our your ass when you comment on it.

Just my .02 but you have both made it clear that this is to a greater or lesser degree personal to both of you. In my experience, it is very seldom productive to air grievances of a personal nature on the internet, and it fact it very often ends badly.

Just a thought.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Just my .02 but you have both made it clear that this is to a greater or lesser degree personal to both of you. In my experience, it is very seldom productive to air grievances of a personal nature on the internet, and it fact it very often ends badly.

Just a thought.

Duly noted. It was made personal some time ago. Unfortunately I'm not one to back down when attacked, I think I've done a relatively decent job of remaining civil out of respect for the mods and owner.

ewoodworth1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    ne indianapolis

What served as an indictment of the entire agency is not what happened that night. It's the willingness to bury an innocent man for a fellow officer who messed up that's disgusting. My brother never was in it for the money, he would have been fine with only recuperating the attorney fees. The only thing that would have truly satisfied him or anyone in my family would be if Krebs was jailed and the responding officers that covered for him were released from their careers in law enforcement. Intentionally covering for a "mistake" is a greater evil.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    What served as an indictment of the entire agency is not what happened that night. It's the willingness to bury an innocent man for a fellow officer who messed up that's disgusting. My brother never was in it for the money, he would have been fine with only recuperating the attorney fees. The only thing that would have truly satisfied him or anyone in my family would be if Krebs was jailed and the responding officers that covered for him were released from their careers in law enforcement. Intentionally covering for a "mistake" is a greater evil.

Show me the evidence of a cover up or once again you are spewing out your ass.

I'd also like to see evidence which declares your nephew an "innocent man" and the version of events I was provided a total fabrication. Perhaps it exists.

Top Bottom