• ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Yep. That's what the story says.

This douche bag cop on a power trip pulls his gun out in a Walmart after yelling at a pregnant woman because she had too many items. The husband was getting eggs, sees some guy yelling at his pregnant wife and pushes him. The off duty LEO never said he was a cop, which wouldn't have mattered IMO. An a-hole is an a-hole regardless of a badge. The cop pulls his gun and then identifies himself as a police officer.

Hubby is arrested and charged with misdemeanor battery for pushing this cop.

Off-Duty Deputy Accused of Pulling Gun on Pregnant Couple | NBC Chicago

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    ok now why did the victim get arrested? because he shoved someone who had not identified himself as a cop pulls a gun? was there a crime committed any where in this article by any one except the cop?

i wanna here how the folks that defend the LEO's for every thing that happens explain this one?

i cant believe the victim was arrested and the cop wasnt! thats a travesty

jake

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Lol. Oh come on that's not nice! Funny, but not nice.

Besides, you know that you better be packing something more than a 40SW when rhino hunting. :laugh:

I gotta get a chuckle every now and then right?

Seriously though, this an over-reaction by that officer (to put it lightly). If the other guy hadn't been arrested, I would think that this particular officer should be suspended, and re-trained in the application of the threat of deadly force. However since the other guy was arrested, he should probably be fired if video can be obtained that supports the couple's story.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Give the guy a break. The Lady probably had like 30 items in the 20 items or less lane. She had it coming. I still haven't decided if this should be purple or not...hmmm

RMOR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Anderson
    All kinds of blame to go around here. The cop WAY overreacted, most likely, and should be evaluated for mental/emotional stability before going back on the street if that's the case.

The couple are probably not as innocent as they make it sound. I say the battery charge sticks unless they toss it for PR reasons, which they probably will because this cop made a bad decision pulling a gun.:draw:

Don't use the express lane after doing your weekly shopping! :xmad:

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    O.Dty. LEO ...

DRT. No tolerance for pond-scum descendants. He needs serious ℞ for serious problems, and permanent monitoring. Militia: are you here? "LEO-lovers", I really want to hear your take on this one. ETA: .It doesn't look like either partner would fit in any aisle but the Express.
    Yep. That's what the story says. This douche bag cop on a power trip pulls his gun out in a Walmart after yelling at a pregnant woman because she had too many items. The cop pulls his gun and then identifies himself as a police officer. Hubby is arrested and charged with misdemeanor battery for pushing this cop.

Off-Duty Deputy Accused of Pulling Gun on Pregnant Couple | NBC Chicago

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Inconsiderate people **** me off! Inconsiderate people in Wal Mart REALLY **** me off! It's why I don't go there anymore. The cop is an ******* too, but hey, it's Wal Mart, what do you expect?

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Give the guy a break. The Lady probably had like 30 items in the 20 items or less lane. She had it coming. I still haven't decided if this should be purple or not...hmmm

I don't know man, there was a thread about this a while back and most people here said they'd publicly berate anyone with more than twenty items in the twenty items or less lane, even if it was a little over. :dunno:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'm certain the officer will be able to articulate the city ordinance that authorizes verbal abuse by an officer of patrons violating the 20 item rule.
    Likewise, he will show how the pregnant woman and her quite obese husband were putting his life in danger and that he was forced to threaten them with deadly force for his own safety.

Last edited:

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Let me ask any real men out there what would have you did if you came up to the store line and seen a man harassing and in your pregnant wifes face ....this man push the other man away to protect his pregnant wife :yesway:............now the other man gets more pissed pulls a gun out on both of them then later tells them he's a off duty police officer like that make it ok :rolleyes: .......because he is a cop is the only reason this man got arrested if it would have been another civilian i don't think soo.... some who think they have a badge can do what ever they want whats sad is other officers back his story with out believing the other people who are not cops......the video and the truth will come out charges will probably be dropped and the officer fired in a couple weeks or so......yes please lets militarize the police force more for these types of clowns who think they are the law or above it........:rolleyes:

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Seriously, the officer committed no crime then was battered by the husband. The husband resorted to physical violence and committed a battery. I would like to think that most people would come up and meet the officers level of violence with a similar level of violence by getting in his face and yelling at him rather than escalating the violence by committing a crime.

Why other posters do not see a crime by anyone other than the officer amazes me.

The officer probably needs to find another line of work and did way overreact and create the situation through his extremely discourteous but not criminal behavior. Is he a bad guy for yelling at a pregnant lady at walmart, yeah. Did he commit a crime before the husband battered him? No. Did he need to draw his gun to effectuate an arrest and deescalate the situation, No. Was he acting in a deplorable manner. Yes.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I'm a LEO supporter through and through, but if it happens the way they say it happened, no way the charges stick and the officer goes on leave until they decide how to make the family happy. I'm willing to bet that he never identified himself as an officer until after the fact, but he also never took a step toward the husband which resulted in the pushing. My theory is the husband walked up and pushed him then the officer drew his gun and identified himself. Either way, both men were wrong and should face the music. The charges should drop to just simple battery and the officer should be placed on one to two weeks administrative leave.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Seriously, the officer committed no crime then was battered by the husband. The husband resorted to physical violence and committed a battery. I would like to think that most people would come up and meet the officers level of violence with a similar level of violence by getting in his face and yelling at him rather than escalating the violence by committing a crime.

So, if the husband is to be believed (and the video will show the facts)...
    "There was a guy in her face, yelling at her," said Jason Thurmond. "In an aggressive manner he steps toward me, and I just push him back to keep him away from my wife and myself, and before I knew it I just froze because he pulled out a gun."

Source: Off-Duty Deputy Accused of Pulling Gun on Pregnant Couple | NBC Chicago

Looks to me like the cop started it.
    Does anyone think one could yell at a uniformed officer's wife, in his presence, lurch toward the couple, and expect the officer to simply yell back and make no effort to stop the advance?

SockMonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    but hey, it's Wal Mart, what do you expect?

I may hate my job, but I do work there...still, I can't argue with logic like that!

Seriously, the officer committed no crime then was battered by the husband.

First, we don't know how hard the husband pushed the officer. I seriously doubt that it was hard enough to be considered battering. Perhaps he should have just stepped between them, but I can't blame any man for trying to protect his wife and child, whether it is yet born or not.

Top Bottom