odd question on NFA class III fingerprint kiosk?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    So maybe I just don't understand eform, and trusts...

I spoke with a young gent a few weeks back, who mentioned he was on his grandfather's trust. His grandfather bought a suppressor, and this gent recived an email from (ATF?) with a code... he went to an ffl in lafayette or terre haute (sorry i don't recall) that had a kiosk, where he identified himself using this code, and submitted his fingerprints and photo (entirely on this kiosk) for whatever form 4 his grandfather was submitting...

Is this new? old? is it even eform? What is the magickery? More importantly, how do I get involved?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Silencer Shop has kiosks around. It is not an eform. They do the legwork for you submitting a paper form 4. Fingerprints, pic uploaded from your phone, cleo notification, the works.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Yes, they partnered with class 3 dealers to make it easier to buy. My main draw was the fingerprinting. The local leos would not do more than one set for me.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    There's a gun store in Terre Haute that has a kiosk. It's a smaller LGS East of town, I forget the name. I haven't seen one in Lafayette. I wish someone in Indy had one. Post up if you know of one. Premier in Brownsburg said they were ~$5k and he wasn't getting one.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I thought the atf ruled that only Leo agencies could do the fingerprints now so basicly making the kiosk void. ??
    I hope not.

As long as the scanners can read the fingerprint cards I don't think ATF cares who does them. There's been individuals for years fingerprinting themselves and theyve been working just fine

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I was under the impression that most LEO won't offer ink or digital prints for ATF (only offered digital only, for local/ltch). A buddy of mine went to quite a few local LEO who wouldn't offer ink prints at all, let alone digital for atf.
    I got lucky and had Danville PD do inks for our trustees back in October.

TangoSierraEcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Monroe County
    I considered getting a kiosk for our shop but the 5K cost is steep. My other concern with spending money on a kiosk is whether this Hearing Protection Act will get passed or not.

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    I just called the Carmel PD and asked if they did fingerprint cards, the women on the phone was extremely friendly and said that they will do them and at no cost for Carmel residents. Come in any time during normal business hours.

Top Bottom