• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    There is no data that absolutely supports either opinion as the perfect choice. Every argument for one choice has a counter argument for the other choice. A lot depends on the circumstances and the individuals involved at any specific time.
    That was my point. The “yOu’Re gOnNa GeT sHoT fIrSt!” Mindset isn’t any more true than any other urban myth

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I don't see much OC in NWI. I'm thinking that all those HiPoints and Glock ForTays are in some low riding pockets?
    Anyway, if the guy has a clean proper holster, and isn't spinning his pistola around, doesn''t bother me.
    I am old school myself, sometimes have my S&W M10 on my hip with a dual case and 2 speedloaders. Oversize untucked shirts covers all the gear.
    Respect all who protect their own familys.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I wonder, if I'd been OC'ing at the Kroger in Greenwood last night if the b***h in front of me that was paying her $27 bill ENTIRELY with loose change would've moved her ass a little faster?
    Somebody that oblivious wouldn't have noticed a rifle on a single point sling if you were carrying it.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I open carry. I conceal carry, depending on the general mood of the day. I will say if you are prone to open carry PLEASE at least get yourself a retention holster of some kind. Its not fool proof and may add a split second on the draw but....as much as we think we are we are not "switched on" 100% of the time.
    There are alot of dumb people that may make a grab for your pistol. Once someone gets there mitts on it now its "our" pistol untill someone let's go or gets shot. Don't forget about the mentality ill also....Do as you wish but just this ole man's advice

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

"He ran, threw it away, and hid, thinking they were going to come kill him." (paraphrased)

Wow. Talk about a talisman. Dude has no skills or emotional fitness. He expected the sight of it to protect him from guys like that.

He needs to just leave the gun at home. Its useless in his hands. (or get some training)

No, Im not suggesting he should have stood his ground. But it sure might have come in handy as he hid. Having a chance of fighting back is better than relying on mercy as he begged for his life. SMH

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Bizarre
    I carry a gun for protection but when I need it most I throw it down and run away. And then hide unarmed....:ugh:
    In before the “I don’t always not defend myself with a gun, but when I do I throw it down and run and hide” meme.

Seems a little to specific to really catch on, though.

Top Bottom