OC and a sheep in a Lexus (at my kids' school)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good on you for keeping it professional.

I would asked him how many shooting he thinks has happened at our school and / or made a crack about school shooting happening as schools as a matter of definition.

Thats why I go all concealed now. I have no patience whatsoever for douche idiots. Less stress for me, less bad press for the cause.

Pretty well covers it for me.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    How did I state differently in the OP?

Did I miss something?

I was referring to this:
    Douche: Why are you carrying a gun at the school where all the school shootings happen ?

Me: Sir, I'm licensed by the state of Indiana to carry a firearm, which permits me to carry within 1k feet of a school legally. As you can see, I'm on the public sidewalk and am not breaking any laws.

No biggie...I may have misinterpreted what you were saying. I just thought that 1k feet part would be superfluous unless I had forgotten something.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I was referring to this:

No biggie...I may have misinterpreted what you were saying. I just thought that 1k feet part would be superfluous unless I had forgotten something.

What I meant, I guess, was that by having a LTCH I am legally allowed to stand on a sidewalk adjacent to the school, and be within the 1k foot GFZ. Not being licensed, while standing where I was, carrying as I was, would have been a huge no no.

Honked him off either way. The way he questioned me about the laws was quite funny really. Lol

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What I meant, I guess, was that by having a LTCH I am legally allowed to stand on a sidewalk adjacent to the school, and be within the 1k foot GFZ. Not being licensed, while standing where I was, carrying as I was, would have been a huge no no.

Honked him off either way. The way he questioned me about the laws was quite funny really. Lol

I'm with you. It can try your patience being polite and respectful when dealing with somebody that wants to be confrontational. Sounds like you done good.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I'm with you. It can try your patience being polite and respectful when dealing with somebody that wants to be confrontational. Sounds like you done good.

Thanks.

I thought it was going to be a cool encounter, until I answered that I wasn't a cop. Then his panties got bunched up. My oldest daughter said "who the H3ll gets pi$$y with a guy that has a gun on his hip? What a moron" lol.. Love that kid. :)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Thanks.

I thought it was going to be a cool encounter, until I answered that I wasn't a cop. Then his panties got bunched up. My oldest daughter said "who the H3ll gets pi$$y with a guy that has a gun on his hip? What a moron" lol.. Love that kid. :)

You obviously scared him. :laugh:

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "We'll see about that..."

Sounds ominous and a lot like a threat. And of course the OP should take the high road on this. Would you want Mr Lexus McSheepy to have the cops roll up on you while you're giving this guy a piece of your mind? Ranting and raving with a weapon on your hip, kids are around and a couple of cops who have been watching too much CNN come screeching up? Has all the earmarks of a news segment that will carry nationwide with all the wrong angles where you look like an ass.

Take the high road, always. And break out that camera phone and record **** to protect yourself.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    "Common sense" never means anything in any context. There is no such thing as "common sense". It's a logical fallacy that implies that one is born with some innate knowledge or understanding. In virtually every case where someone uses the term "common sense", what they mean is "You don't share my opinion and I want to imply that you are either a moron or insane for disagreeing with me". Therefore, when you hear someone use the term, you should think "That person just lost the argument and they're trying to not look like an idiot."
    street smart then? You can be book smart all day long and still be the biggest dumb ass in the room.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    And if you respond in that manner, you will reinforce Mr. Lexus' belief that gun owners are lunatics that are ready to go off at any time. For the sake of the rest of us, please don't do that.

Sounds like the OP handled it well. Maybe, just maybe, Mr. Lexus went home and looked it up, and realized that the OP was right. Or maybe he made a MWAG call and got flustered when asked what the MWAG was doing, then being told that it's OK.
    I'm not your spokesperson. I don't care what ignorant people think, nor am I scared what rights are they gonna take next.
    I wasn't implying id be jumping up and down on the guys car. I'd very calmly and in a low tone voice tell him to go and fornicate with himself. And the kiddies wouldn't have heard it either. I'll let you smart guys play teacher. I've tried that approach with family and it gets nowhere but a headache.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Maybe it's because of all the kids around in your case, but you have my admiration for being a LOT nicer to Mr. Scumbag than I would have.

Besides, he also drives a Lexus. :lmfao:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Maybe it's because of all the kids around in your case, but you have my admiration for being a LOT nicer to Mr. Scumbag than I would have.

It was easy being patient with him. I deal with grease ball truck drivers on a daily basis. It's almost as if the guy was looking for an escalated confrontation. I certainly wasn't giving in to his whimsical fantasy.

adws943

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Well done. Kudos to you. Guns scare a lot of folks. You responded like every legally armed individual should have responded.
    Unfortnately we are sterotyped in a negative manner by a large portion of the population. Professionalism will positvely change our reputation
    with most people of above average intelligence. As for the sheep, they are likely a lost cause.

Last edited:

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    I bet Lexis called the school to report that there was a man on the street with a gun. Quick, lock down the school. Shelter in place.......

This is a good point. I'd suggest keeping your SA up over the next few days while walking the kids to school. I would not be at all surprised to see Mr. Lexus pointing you out to some LEO's. Just be as calm and collected as you were with him, though and everything should be fine.

Last edited:

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Everyone, as of July 1st of this year you can safely carry your firearm to pick your kids up from school and leave it locked out of sight in your car and go inside the school itself. You can thank Rep. Jim Lucas for that :):

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Everyone, as of July 1st of this year you can safely carry your firearm to pick your kids up from school and leave it locked out of sight in your car and go inside the school itself. You can thank Rep. Jim Lucas for that :):
    A victory for gun rights for sure! And I did thank the public servants that made it happen.
    but even before we could drive up to the school while armed and without leaving the vehicle, pick up our children. No children were ever harmed or terrorized.
    WE get it. The misinformed and uneducated sheep do not. I have rational conversations with folks about guns and gun rights and the current laws. No problems.
    however a d-bag like this guy who is gonna walk up to a person and try to lecture them on a subject they obviously know nothing about, deserves a harsh wakeup to reality. With only words of coarse
    when will they understand that this is not a hobby?! The 2nd amendment is just as important as freedom of speech or the right to be free. And without the 2nd there would be none of that.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Awesome, glad you put mr. Lexus in his place.
    How do you find out exactly where, school property lines are? Can be a little iffy considering some schools own little pieces of property in surrounding areas.

Top Bottom