Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    morrisdailyherald.com | Obama’s support of adoption is questionable

Obama’s support of adoption is questionable
    By Jim Finnegan – President, Choose Life Illinois
    Comments (2 comments) | Add Comments

Throughout the primary and general elections I have stayed silent during Barack Obama’s ascendancy to the Presidency. This, regarding consistent statements on his part that he supports adoption as an answer to reducing abortions. As an insider, let me give you a little history on how much he “supports” adoption, you know, the rest of the story!

One of the biggest supporters of adoption, and the people who facilitate same, is the sale of an adoption-aid specialty license plate, Choose Life. Twenty-four states have the plate on their highways.

Florida leads the way with 40,000, which has raised $10,381,192 for this cause. People purchasing the CL plate have made it one of the most popular specialty plates ever. In Illinois we have signatures of just under 40,000 people requesting the plate. Most wanting to purchase it when available, Illinois will within a few years lead the nation in sales of the plate.

Seven years ago a committee was formed to be able to offer the plate in Illinois. After four unsuccessful trips to Springfield, we are still waiting. With over 60 specialty plates in Illinois, the Choose Life plate remains the only plate refused.

Although the normal committee to hear specialty license plates applications is the Transportation Committee, in the case of the Choose Life Plate, it was given to the Health and Human Services Committee, a committee chaired by that great proponent of adoption - Barack Obama.

Senator Obama promptly buried our bill in a sub committee, the kiss of death to any bill, and as low as the proverbial well diggers derriere. With friends like Obama, on the beautiful issue of adoption, who needs enemies.

Next time you hear President Obama expound on adoption as his answer for fewer abortions, take a deep breath, exhale and begin chanting “liar, liar, pants on fire” 10 times. You will feel better, I guarantee it.

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    He's a freaking idiot. I remember during the campaign he kept talking about how reducing unwanted & teen pregnancies would cause a big drop in abortions (and everyone agrees we want less abortions). I just laughed. That's like saying in order to reduce the cost of health care, everyone should take their daily vitamin.... It's a good idea, but in the long run it's not the answer... I'm scared to death of what the world's going to look like for my 3 year old son when he grows up,who is adopted by the way. I pray for his birthparents every day & thank them for their unbelievable sacrifice.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Anyone hear the one about Obama getting rid of Bush's "No Child Left Alive" bill and creating his own "No Fetus Left Alive" bill? lol

Top Bottom