• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crazyboom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    south side indianapolis
    Your not going to find 9mm ammo pretty much anywhere inless you are going to buy in bulk 45 is easier to find then any ammo but the Answer to all ammo is RELOADING! save every bit of brass and load it up.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    That's a nice Colt. I'd keep it. I haven't gotten rid of any of my .45s, in fact I added one a few months back. I'm finding .45ACP...granted it's at gunshows or online. Even with the insane pricing now, I'll suck it up and buy at least a box or two to add to the stash. Just my :twocents:

Most places I'll visit casually (Walmart, Dunhams, etc.) have been out of everything anyway. I'm remaining optimistic that this insanity is going to pass at some point anyway. :D

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Dude that is so easy. The Gun is worth whatever you are willing to sell it for. Man up name a price. Be it in ammo cars tires fuel or beans. Someone will be willing to come close to a realistic exchange. If you are in dire straights ask for some help but don't get raped by someone tryng to get over on you.
    I personally could not justify the $$$ but others gladly will.
    Good luck and hope you get what you want for it.:patriot:

kong1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Pendleton
    The man is asking what we think it's worth, not whether we think he should sell it or not. He is the only one that can make that decision. New looks like they are running for $850 and up from there. I would think it would be worth used if in good shape probably 100 to 150 less than that. It's a colt man, they keep their value. Plus everybody should have at least one in their stable. Anyway, that is what you asked...... Kong

hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY

AFTER ALL THE FEED BACK AND DOING A REALLY DEEP THINKING,PLUS THE GUY I GOT IT FROM WHO IS THE ORIGINAL OWNER SAID HE WOULD KICK MY A**,I BELIEVE I WILL PUT IT BACK IN THE SAFE AND START CARRYING AIR SOFT 1911.THANX TO ALL WHO SHARED THERE INFO:yesway::patriot:

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    AFTER ALL THE FEED BACK AND DOING A REALLY DEEP THINKING,PLUS THE GUY I GOT IT FROM WHO IS THE ORIGINAL OWNER SAID HE WOULD KICK MY A**,I BELIEVE I WILL PUT IT BACK IN THE SAFE AND START CARRYING AIR SOFT 1911.THANX TO ALL WHO SHARED THERE INFO:yesway::patriot:

Damn :wallbash: and I thought my :spend: & ammo offer had a chance :ugh:

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    Buy a 22 conversion kit for it. Then you can practice with it and be real comfortable with the beast when ammo shows up. Or I will give you 1000 rounds of 9mm and a Tokarev in 9mm. Painless

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Ok I'm going to end this debate once and for all......drumroll please...........................Keep this one, buy a 9 AND a 40. This way, whatever ammo you find, you can shoot!!! No thanks is necessary:D

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Never sell a Colt 1911 unless you have more than five. IMO
    A 45 acp round will produce more one shot stops with the right ammo. I don't think to many handguns can claim that fact.

Mr Colt, Mr. Browning, Mr. Garrand and Mr. Stoner are men you can always bet your life on. Not to many other men can do that for you and me.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Keep that beauty. Didn't you sell it once and then buy it back again? Do you really want to make that mistake again and risk losing it forever? Hold on to it, you'll be able to get more ammo soon enough. If I can't find another job before too long I may sell a couple guns, but my 45s (G30 and springfield 1911) are here to stay.

Top Bottom