NWI INGO Meet & Eat - 1st one for 2011 - Vote 4 Day!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2011 NWI INGO Meet & Eat Dates

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I will try to be at whatever date is picked if the work schedule is nice to me and see all the smiling faces of the NWI INGO members and family or friends. The best part of attending is to put faces to names, not by their bedazzled Hi-Point firearms :laugh:

If only I could find the Hi-point so I could get it bedazzled so I could OC it instead of my Sig. A blinged out bedazzled Hi-Point is awesome to rock OC for all my trips north of 30.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Glad to see Andy 219 is alive and well in the cold weather and snow, catch any ice, if you were ice fishing on Cedar Lake ?

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Does anyone have their favorite place to eat in Porter County in one of the smaller town's or city's besides Valpo, who support open carry in their business ? Hebron, Kouts, Chesterton, Portage, Burns Harbour, Wheeler, Boone Grove, Lake Eliza, Porter, Ogden Dunes, Beverly Shores, Jackson Township, Washington Township, Union Township, Liberty Township, Pine Township, Portage Township, Center Township, Morgan Township. Help me with the ones I missed in Porter County.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Does anyone have their favorite place to eat in Porter County in one of the smaller town's or city's besides Valpo, who support open carry in their business ? Hebron, Kouts, Chesterton, Portage, Burns Harbour, Wheeler, Boone Grove, Lake Eliza, Porter, Ogden Dunes, Beverly Shores, Jackson Township, Washington Township, Union Township, Liberty Township, Pine Township, Portage Township, Center Township, Morgan Township. Help me with the ones I missed in Porter County.

What you mean there is more to porter county then just Valpo? :dunno:;)
    Okay I'll even give you Portage as well. The rest of those places are fffffaaaaarrrrr. :D

Clif45 u alive? Have not heard from u?

ps.
    Clif45 is our "unofficial" send him to the place we are going to make sure they can fit us in. :yesway:

JollyTrooper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll try to make whatever day is chosen.

I do have a suggestion for a restaurant that you could feasibly get out for around 10 bux and it is the best Mexican food I have eaten anywhere in the country (family run). It's just a suggestion though...don't know how some peoples GI tract will deal with Mexican food:

Santiago's Mexican Restaurant
    124 Lincoln Street
    Porter, IN 46304-1813

(219) 926-6518

<-click for reviews

Last edited:

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station

I do have a suggestion for a restaurant that you could feasibly get out for around 10 bux and it is the best Mexican food I have eaten anywhere in the country (family run). It's just a suggestion though...don't know how some peoples GI tract will deal with Mexican food:

124 Lincoln Street
    Porter, IN 46304-1813

(219) 926-6518

<-click for reviews

With the reviews I may just have to go try it anyway... Loves me some good Mexican food.

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN

124 Lincoln Street
    Porter, IN 46304-1813

(219) 926-6518

<-click for reviews

What's this crap about my GI tract? It was only stated to get away from Applebee's, and it worked, didn't it?

-E

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

124 Lincoln Street
    Porter, IN 46304-1813

(219) 926-6518

<-click for reviews

Will you look at that Mr. Jediagh, someone has a suggestion from one of the other places on my list and Porter is just east of Portage by two towns. Porter has four bars and 20 people along with the RIB PLACE on Wagner Road, north of town along with Leroys Hot Stuff on Route 20 around the corner from both of them.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    48 hours left to vote and Sunday, 30 JAN 2011 is ahead by 5 votes on any other day.
    I have updated the main post with some locations based on what you guys/girls have posted.

Regarding the Mexican place. Can it hold 15 people OK?
    Keep posting ideas for places. As soon as this poll closes I want to open the next poll with location/time so we can vote on it since timing is getting close.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Kool! So it's not some smaller "hole in the wall" like the ones we have in Lake county which are FREAKING good but oh so small! Episodically the one in East Chicago (Harbor side) near the mill.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FYI there is a concern about TFI Friday in Valpo being anti-2A.
    Was this not the place we went to last year? Are their signs on the store about this?
    The thread I got the info from advises that each franchise can sent it's own policy but corporate is anti-2A similar to Red Robin. If so do we want to exclude the location?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What about the mexican place? Do we know how they feel about 2A? It seems to be in the lead

Clif45 OC to the Mexican place this past weekend as he took his girl. They had no issue with it. Not sure if the owner/employees saw it or not. But you can't miss his xdm when he OC? :dunno: Clif?

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    The waitress just laughed as I was being questioned by the customer. I would assume that if she had any issues she would have stated them at that time.

As for Fridays, I have had one issue there, and that was with a customer. I am in there quite often and have had many conversations with the managers and even given them info about INGO and such. The manager has talked frequently about firearms and what he likes to shoot and a few others in the store have discussed it also. There has not been(as far as I know) any signs prohibiting firearms inside of the Valpo Location of TGI Fridays. The managers there are very accepting and are happy to have us if we wanted to come again. We had a meet last year, before one of the Valpo gun shows.

Top Bottom