NWI INGO Meet & Eat - 1st one for 2011 - Vote 4 Day!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2011 NWI INGO Meet & Eat Dates

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wake up INGO NWI! Hibernation time is over. :D
    Our first MEET & EAT (OC, CC or no carry) is right around the corner.
    Please look at the poll & vote for the date. This will be a lunch event between 11:00PM to 2:00PM. Once we get the date ironed out we can worry about the time. Location you say? Well that will be up to you girls. :D The only stipulation is that it must be in PORTER COUNTY as LAKE COUNTY had the last one. (We got to switch between the counties you know).

So if you have recommendations for a place to eat. Post it here as you vote so I can begin to compile the list before we send clif45 on his merry way. :laugh:

For those new to the group. The Meet & Eats are a way to get to know the rest in the group in a sit down eating type of setting. It also allows those new to OC to do OC in a group type setting so they can get their feet wet. Most of the "old timers in the group" OC to the events. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO OC/CC OR EVEN CARRY.

BTW the 1st MEET & SHOOT is not to far away. MAR 2011.
    :rockwoot:

-----UPDATE----
    Possible locations based on member's post

Santiago's Mexican Restaurant
    124 Lincoln Street
    Porter, IN 46304-1813
    (219) 926-6518

Friday's
    Vaplo, IN

Anyplace with lunch under $15

Last edited:

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    I don't believe I've been to a "Meet & Eat" before...been to a "meet & shoot" doo-hicky thingy before, so I'm new to this. If you typically do this at someone's house, we can do it at mine if you like. I'm at Rt. 6 and Juniper in South Haven. Can't shoot tho.... it would **** off the neighbors, and is probably illegal anyway...:(

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The Meet & Eats we have done are at a restaurant.

Five Guys, AppleBees, Northwoods (???), Quaker Steak & Lube are the places we have done before. I know I'm missing a few as well.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Wow, I apparently need to take a nap. I meant to click on Sat, February 5th. The 6th probably isn't a terrible choice for me, though.
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    I would love to meet some fellow INGO members. Unfortunatley I work every Sat and every other Sun. Only day I would be able to attend would be Sun Jan 30 or Sun Feb 13.

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    OK fine, It will suck for the both of us then. I might mess my pants, and all the pine air freshener in the world won't mask that odor.

Seriously, I hate Applebee's, but if that's where everyone wants to go, that's where I'll be. And, the farting BS was exactly that: BS.

Can I suggest Friday's or something?

-E

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    On the weekends I'm at fencing tournaments pretty much every Saturday during the winter so any of those are out for me. As for Sunday events I'll do my best to make one, it will simply depend on the date and if my wife makes plans that I can't escape from.

BY THE WAY, don't forget the INGO FREE LUNCH on Wednesday Jan 12 at the Pine Island Cigar Lounge. :yesway:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    OK fine, It will suck for the both of us then. I might mess my pants, and all the pine air freshener in the world won't mask that odor.

Seriously, I hate Applebee's, but if that's where everyone wants to go, that's where I'll be. And, the farting BS was exactly that: BS.

Can I suggest Friday's or something?

-E

All suggestions for locations are welcomed. Once we get the date set we can vote for time & location together. =)

I would prefer if it's not a place we went to last year unless the group wants to go back to somewhere they really liked.

Mad Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    LaPorte County
    I would love to try to attend. As some others have mentioned I'm also one of them that work most Saturdays. If a Sunday meet is determined I will try my best to attend. Would really love to get to meet some of you:rockwoot:

mrman740

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Portage
    I'm good for Sundays as well, if anyone wants to meet me!

As to where, I have no idea.... Texas Corral, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Really? Oops.

Yup.

No reason to support people who don't respect us.

22.jpg

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    I never noticed the signs in portage. They never gave me any hassle when I was OC'ing. Actually had one host compliment me. They still suck, so I stay away. Now I have another reason.

MarlinMan68

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Indiana-Michigan State Line
    On the weekends I'm at fencing tournaments pretty much every Saturday during the winter so any of those are out for me. As for Sunday events I'll do my best to make one, it will simply depend on the date and if my wife makes plans that I can't escape from.

BY THE WAY, don't forget the INGO FREE LUNCH on Wednesday Jan 12 at the Pine Island Cigar Lounge. :yesway:
    I don't think my wife has ever made any plans I can't escape from,but she doesn't let me smoke cigars in the house.:(

Top Bottom