NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Costs a lot to have that employee available, even for small jobs. Between wages/taxes/benefits, etc ... may cost $50-100 per hour each employee. They've gotta make that back somewhere. Little jobs are a quick little bump to the bottom line.

And ... some people can't twist their bodies into the positions you need to install filters and such, so they pay the premium.

Some people don't know what a screwdriver is nor what to do with it if they have one.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Depends on the stage of the job.

Just got quote - holy moly, I can do that myself!

Knee deep in job - why didn't I pay someone else to do this?

Job done - glad I did it my self! *

* assumes job went well and you didn't have to get a professional to finish/fix it, which cost you more than the original quote.

@tv1217 - why not clean it up before you take it for a quote?

You do know that super high quotes are a way of saying, "We'll do this job, but we don't want to."
    We lucked out and now have a plumber, carpenter and electrician that we trust and are very affordable when needed. I know my limitations when doing the above work. Meaning I know when I can do the work myself. Or call in the pros.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    We lucked out and now have a plumber, carpenter and electrician that we trust and are very affordable when needed. I know my limitations when doing the above work. Meaning I know when I can do the work myself. Or call in the pros.
    I wish I knew a good carpenter. Well, we do have @2A_Tom !!

Just kiddin, Tom. You know we love you, man.

IMG_1647.jpg

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Some people don't know what a screwdriver is nor what to do with it if they have one.
    My oldest daughter and I were just talking about how she still has the toolbox and tools I gave her when she went to college. Both got a tool kit when they left. Both had to actually show me they could check the fluids in the car and physically change a tire before they could take their driver's test.

On the other hand I have a friend who called me because his car wouldn't start. I got in the car and got my knee on the gear shift (remember when they were on the column?). He hadn't put it in park.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    I dated a guy when I was 17-18 that didn’t know how to change a tire. I think that set a pretty clear path for the types of guys I dated afterwards. :laugh:
    Don’t remind me of how worthless I felt when wife was driving me home from ER on 94 when she had a blowout. Went to the back and found out they didn’t put spares as a necessity on her minivan. Just a little air compressor and some fix a flat. AND it was on Sunday so the junkyard was closed and I couldn’t go hunting for one. Had it towed to home. Next day, tire off and drove to Belle tire for a new one. Then came home, installed and went back for the other 3.

Attachments

• IMG_4972.jpeg
      IMG_4972.jpeg
      2.5 MB · Views: 4

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Don’t remind me of how worthless I felt when wife was driving me home from ER on 94 when she had a blowout. Went to the back and found out they didn’t put spares as a necessity on her minivan. Just a little air compressor and some fix a flat. AND it was on Sunday so the junkyard was closed and I couldn’t go hunting for one. Had it towed to home. Next day, tire off and drove to Belle tire for a new one. Then came home, installed and went back for the other 3.
    That’s a different story. You can’t change a tire that you don’t have.
    This particular instance, I had an ‘87 Cutlass Supreme, so full size spare.
    I got a flat taking him home and he had no idea how to help. I told him to just get outta my way.

Luckily when I was learning to drive my parents made it very clear to me that I had to know how to change a tire, check oil, etc. before I could get my license.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Slow in here today.

We Need to start a fight, OK I'll go.

People that don't want to pay professionals to do work are lower than a snake's belly! Worse than people that put pineapple on pizza!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Bought 15-15-15 and grass seed for the neighbor and myself. Then went and picked up the wife's Explorer. She's happy and I'm done writing checks today. Next comes the BMV because it's inevitable and I want that chore off my plate. Had Easter dinner at my parents with 6 adults and 3 kids. Easter bunny should be on the way soon.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Slow in here today.

We Need to start a fight, OK I'll go.

People that don't want to pay professionals to do work are lower than a snake's belly! Worse than people that put pineapple on pizza!
    Shrimp and pineapple on pizza is actually tasty.

jedi just had house of pizza, sausage and it was yummy.

Top Bottom