NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    This is getting out of control.
    Quarter of a million.
    View attachment 339848
    And I bet it sells in less than a month. Because no one can afford to build a house and have a loan on top of it. No company is out there building starter homes anymore either. I keep waiting for the floor of the housing market to crash. But then you look at the demand for housing and it is skyrocketing. Every year the demand gets higher because you have the new graduates that want houses and the ones still living with their parents that want houses.
    I honestly don't think house prices will come down, but I hope interest does.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    #1 may be due to the Math Skills of recent graduates ... majority cannot count Cash back to save their life -- to say nothing of you give them extra change to get special change back
    ( $9.65 bill - give them $10.15 to get 2- quarters back )
    The reality is that they don't use it and don't care, therefore it does not resonate with them that it is your objective.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    And I bet it sells in less than a month. Because no one can afford to build a house and have a loan on top of it. No company is out there building starter homes anymore either. I keep waiting for the floor of the housing market to crash. But then you look at the demand for housing and it is skyrocketing. Every year the demand gets higher because you have the new graduates that want houses and the ones still living with their parents that want houses.
    US construction data is showing that, for the first time in modern history, the average size of houses are SHRINKING in square footage. Shave 100 to 200 square feet off the size of a house and that saves $$,$$$, and it saves on every mortgage payment, saves on the size of the down-payment.

It used to be easy to build a house for $100/square foot. Custom homes were $150/sf. Now $175/250sf is pretty common. More for the fancy stuff. Those costs are just suburban and rural houses on normal lots in normal communities like scattered about da region. And I'm not talking about "the good old days" I'm talking about pre-covid prices versus today.

I stopped house flipping during covid because the prices just got crazy.

My daughter's condo in the city was crazy to remodel. Got a bid of just over $100/sq foot to do new floors, kitchen, paint and a bit of light construction. I did the work for about $40/sf with my buddy and a couple other guys (and all were paid regular wages). But the city puts all sorts barriers & regulations on contractors that drives up prices, not saying we complied with all of them :n00b:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    The reality is that they don't use it and don't care, therefore it does not resonate with them that it is your objective.
    To be fair, they are used to people who are senile throwing all sorts of money at them because they also can't count. How are they supposed to know someone wants special change if they are not asked if they can have special change first. Also consider that most corporate places already have a policy about opening a register to make change. So how are they supposed to just know the difference between someone who is senile and also can't count, and someone who wants specific coins back? I honestly think you guys underestimate the amount of people who just pull out all the money and change in their pockets and put it on the counter.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Yep on your first sentence. The building of new houses in our area (Portage) is insane. We've been here 26 years and not seen anything like it. And it's all over northwest Indiana. Then I hear from folks in education saying because of the influx of people moving in, they are running out of classroom space. So bad they have to send students over to a neighboring city school.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Yep on your first sentence. The building of new houses in our area (Portage) is insane. We've been here 26 years and not seen anything like it. And it's all over northwest Indiana. Then I hear from folks in education saying because of the influx of people moving in, they are running out of classroom space. So bad they have to send students over to a neighboring city school.
    Yep, people having way to many kids. Really taxes need to go up on parents for each kid (until the child is out of school). Prolly should take away the tax refunds for children. Use the extra money for raising the pay of the babysitters that teach the children. Then decrease taxes on those without children.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Not to mention the 7-10 million new 'migrants' over the last couple years who need housing.

I know a fair amount of illegal immigrants from growing up near the Fair Oaks Dairy farm. For the most part they never ever get houses, they just move into the 2nd bedroom of the one legal migrant with the work visa who is renting the house. Or in the case of DeMotte, where Fair Oaks had the 30ish duplexes built to house the people with the work visa's. The problem was then they start making little citizens that can't be displaced. Completely coincidentally, with nothing to do with the nationality of those that were imported, the same year the migrants came in, was the same year the mass break ins started happening in my quiet community.

Top Bottom