NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I noticed I'm averaging $3.30 per gallon of gas this month and I was looking back at gas prices. From my records here is my high and low gas prices in the last 7 years.

June 2022.jpg
    April 2020.jpg

$3.50 swing from low to high.

Not making any point here, just an observation.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Jedi's daughter was googliee-eyeing a used car a couple years back, I offered up, as sacrifice to the spawn of the builder of the Lego Death Star, my daughter's aging VW Jetta diesel, she declined and opted for an SUV? The Jetta is a street legal race car that was built to the 'TDI Cup' track standards with interior upgrades like leather seats, sunroof, navigation, etc. Maybe add in some tuning by the race guys at APR like I had done to my Audi, that I won't admit to because it might have voided some part of a warranty when it was done. Quick, lots of torque, and fun to thrash around.

So I rather than letting the Jetta rust in the drive, I have been doing a lot of my longer distance driving with the old 2010 clattering diesel. 170,000+ miles on the ticker. Back and forth to Chiraq I get an honest 52+mpg without even trying to economize. It seems to be tuned to return the best fuel economy at 70+mph so 'staying with traffic flow' on the Dan Ryan yields great economy.

Diesel has fluctuated in price. When I got the car I had 3000+ gallons of diesel fuel that I got free. I've been paying street prices for diesel the past few years. $3.89 is the highest I've paid, which is the current street price.

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Anyone been to this new hospital in crown point yet? You would think a bunch of people with college degrees and fat paychecks could come up with something better lol

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Anyone been to this new hospital in crown point yet? You would think a bunch of people with college degrees and fat paychecks could come up with something better lol
    Yeah, not a fan. I have to take my mom there to have her INR (coumadin level) checked every couple of weeks, and we've already been to the cardiologist's office there. What I have heard overwhelmingly from employees is that no one consulted them re layout, equipment needs, waiting room space, etc. before the build. The coumadin center office and waiting room (and most other departments) barely have space to accommodate Mom's walker, let alone a wheelchair. Also, the small cubicles for admitting and for coumadin checks (as well as others, I'm sure) have to share one printer. So after the coumadin pharmacist checks the level, he/she has to try to squeeze around a walker or wheelchair that there is not room for, to go and get the paperwork from the shared printer.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Yeah, not a fan. I have to take my mom there to have her INR (coumadin level) checked every couple of weeks, and we've already been to the cardiologist's office there. What I have heard overwhelmingly from employees is that no one consulted them re layout, equipment needs, waiting room space, etc. before the build. The coumadin center office and waiting room (and most other departments) do not even have space to accommodate Mom's walker, let alone a wheelchair. Also, the small cubicles for admitting and for coumadin checks (as well as others, I'm sure) have to share one printer. So after the coumadin pharmacist checks the level, he/she has to try to squeeze around a walker or wheelchair that there is not room for, to get up and get the paperwork from the shared printer.
    lol smoke shop has to be handicapped accessible…….. I don’t like how they funnel all the sickly through the same tiny main entrance……. The employees told me it is a lot more walking…… that doesn’t make any sense when you just got to make this fit your needs “perfectly”

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    lol smoke shop has to be handicapped accessible…….. I don’t like how they funnel all the sickly through the same tiny main entrance……. The employees told me it is a lot more walking…… that doesn’t make any sense when you just got to make this fit your needs “perfectly”
    Yes, much more walking. The front desk and admitting people have to walk the patients to wherever they are going. And yes, all the sickly people handling and re-handling the cardboard passes that they keep reusing.

Bugzilla

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Yeah, not a fan. I have to take my mom there to have her INR (coumadin level) checked every couple of weeks, and we've already been to the cardiologist's office there. What I have heard overwhelmingly from employees is that no one consulted them re layout, equipment needs, waiting room space, etc. before the build. The coumadin center office and waiting room (and most other departments) barely have space to accommodate Mom's walker, let alone a wheelchair. Also, the small cubicles for admitting and for coumadin checks (as well as others, I'm sure) have to share one printer. So after the coumadin pharmacist checks the level, he/she has to try to squeeze around a walker or wheelchair that there is not room for, to go and get the paperwork from the shared printer.
    First time my mind read it as comedian center.
    My dad was on Coumadin.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Yes, much more walking. The front desk and admitting people have to walk the patients to wherever they are going. And yes, all the sickly people handling and re-handling the cardboard passes that they keep reusing.
    I talked to the nurse she said the set up is all because of security. Apparently attacks on healthcare workers since 2019 has increased tremendously

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Funny because I thought the one in Michigan City was raved about when it opened and the CP one was supposedly based of that. Wonder what changed, or if I just never heard about the true complaints of the MC hospital...?

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Funny because I thought the one in Michigan City was raved about when it opened and the CP one was supposedly based of that. Wonder what changed, or if I just never heard about the true complaints of the MC hospital...?
    I’ve had no complaints, at least about the ER, at the new hospital in Michigan City. I’m closer to Porter, but have had better treatment in MC.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Got the call that my beach parking passes are ready to be picked up. Plan on rolling in to Town Hall tomorrow after work. Summer is around the corner. Lake Michigan will probably be like bath water in August like a few years ago.

Top Bottom