NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    What I don't understand is the discrepancy between the prices in Popeye's ads and the prices once you get there. I am always seeing ads for a two or three piece wing lunch with a side and biscuit for $3.99 or $4.99, yet last time we went there, I couldn't find that option and we paid $22 for the same thing for the two of us. Maybe they are temporary specials, or maybe the CP Popeyes does not participate?
    A lot of places you have to download the app…… annoying my wife handles my tech support

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I may be old and crabby, but I'm tired of the dozens of "apps" that I am apparently required to download to do business at so many places.

Got to the point that I first stopped downloading them and then I started deleting them. I don't need to fill up my phone with dozens of apps just so I can buy something, be it food or anything else. Screw that.

Don't want me to come to your store, there are 2 ways that drive me away as a customer.
    1- stop taking cash
    2- make me use an App

Funny thing is I rarely use cash but if you forbid it I won't shop at your store/eat at your restaurant. And I like apps that are actually functional for me, the banking app is great. Amazon app is great. I like a slew of others that I frequently use.. But don't make me download a McDonald's app for a once a month drive thru or to get an advertised discount and FU to that!

Last edited:

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    I may be old and crabby, but I'm tired of the dozens of "apps" that I am apparently required to download to do business at so many places.

Got to the point that I first stopped downloading them and then I started deleting them. I don't need to fill up my phone with dozens of apps just so I can buy something, be it food or anything else. Screw that.

Don't want me to come to your store, there are 2 ways that drive me away as a customer.
    1- stop taking cash
    2- make me use an App

Funny thing is I rarely use cash but if you forbid it I won't shop at your store/eat at your restaurant. And I like apps that are actually functional for me, the banking app is great. Amazon app is great. I like a slew of others that I frequently use.. But don't make me download a McDonald's app for a once a month drive thru or to get an advertised discount and FU to that!
    What stores require you to download an app in order to do business with them? I have been to numerous McDonalds and have never been refused service because I did not use the app.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

1- stop taking cash
    2- make me use an App

Truth is, there's not a product made and sold that I want or need bad enough to download an app. I don't do online banking or Amazon. I use the Map app that came with my phone and a Subaru app to start my car in the winter. I do have a QR reader that I use to check that a client's code works before I print stuff for them. That's about it.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Anyone know of a good place semi-close to CP to run a dog and do some gun training? Just want to get out with a dummy and starter pistol to work the dog a bit.
    This is from Jasper Pulaski's DNR page:

More activities​

• Dog running
      • Area 12 is designated for dog running and training.
      • Dogs must be always leashed outside of the dog running and training area unless being used by a registered hunter in the pursuit of game.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    What stores require you to download an app in order to do business with them? I have been to numerous McDonalds and have never been refused service because I did not use the app.
    I’ve had the issue at Jewel and Stracks, that you have to have the app to get the posted price. If you don’t see it ring up, no one tells you and it’s usually dollars more per item. You have to SEARCH for the item, digitally “clip” the coupon, put in your cart, Pain in the butt!

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Many of those apps offer the "deals" to get access to your personal info and to be able to send you "targeted" ads. Read the terms of service. Some phone apps ask for permission to access your contacts, location, etc.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Not mandatory but now McD greets you with "are you using the app...." and Portillos is a plastic money only location. I'm not refused service but if you don't have the app you are, at some places, not able to get discounts that are advertised. F'that.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    bet the same people that won't "clip" coupons in an app have spent countless hours actually clipping coupons out of a purchased newspaper.
    I'm not really in either camp, but I would much rather clip coupons out of a newspaper. I resent anything that tries to further instill a dependence on a phone. Especially with all these different apps for everything from hunting for deals at Walmart or something to changing the color of some lightbulbs.

I can buy the newspaper and have all the coupons in my hand. Apps need me to sign into accounts, sign into my email when I forget my password, cuss at the clouds when my service is spotty. IMHO the more "convenient" things get, the more inconvenient things really become. Try dealing with DRM with software and games, and you will quickly learn to distrust companies and their damn apps. My favorite is having to sign in and rent a $3600 piece of software that you can't use if the internet is down, even though the old version would work just fine. They changed this because of "convenience to the consumer".

Not to get conspiratorial in the Break Room, but a lot of this stuff has its roots in companies trying to rob consumers of their rights. It's easier to do this hiding behind apps and DRM then through cash and more analog means.

Top Bottom