NWI INGO General Thread #27 - Fresh Pink Air On US-30 smells like...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I am locked out of the book of many faces. Guess I got hacked? 98% of my use for it is to administer a competition fencing group across the midwest. So just a PITA that I can't get in at the moment.
    I am too. Maybe everyone is? I get "Your session has expired, please log in." I try to log in and get the same thing over and over.

I posted before I read the article. Well, poo.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I am locked out of the book of many faces. Guess I got hacked? 98% of my use for it is to administer a competition fencing group across the midwest. So just a PITA that I can't get in at the moment.
    It is back it went down for like 30 minutes for me too?

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Amazon showed me a level of stupid I didn't think was possible. They sent me an empty package and then when I requested a replacement it tells me to return the item I didn't get. I trudged through the automated chat thing to get to an actual person and they removed the return part but wow.

I guess "you sent me an empty box" was too stupid even for Amazon's canned reasons for having a bad delivery.
    You sure Jedi didn’t send you a box of “fresh” air from N of 30?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Who are the amateur radio nerds here?

I know Jedi, Gunbunnies and mister giant head, uh, I mean TV1217 are ham people. Anyone else? Lonehoosier, who no longer seems to frequent INGO was/is a GMRS dude.

Who uses HAM and who uses GMRS? Why 1 over the other? What do you actually do on the radios? I don't want Jedi knocking on my door, let alone invading my audio airspace, so is there a way to "block" his death star gibberish transmission rays with a lego wall?

I'm just sort of exploring the concept, wonder if there is a NWI radio groupie page that people geek out on and rant about newbies looking for info?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    +

I know Jedi, Gunbunnies and mister giant head, uh, I mean TV1217 are ham people. Anyone else? Lonehoosier, who no longer seems to frequent INGO was/is a GMRS dude.

Who uses HAM and who uses GMRS? Why 1 over the other? What do you actually do on the radios? I don't want Jedi knocking on my door, let alone invading my audio airspace, so is there a way to "block" his death star gibberish transmission rays with a lego wall?

I'm just sort of exploring the concept, wonder if there is a NWI radio groupie page that people geek out on and rant about newbies looking for info?

This is what ham is for.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts

I have both licenses. HAM has a broader range of things you can do and it's also good for people who like to tinker. There's a lot of internet linked stuff. You can beacon your location or send text messages across the air to other radios within range without a phone. That one is popular for offroaders.
    My truck radio has a digital mode and I've heard people from Japan and Ireland talking to people in Kansas City on a repeater in Michigan City( there's some Internet going on there) I only have the technician license so I can only really touch mostly VHF and UHF(and microwave bands) the upper classes of licenses get you into more HF bands where you can do things like bounce signals off the ionosphere and talk to people all over the world. Every operator needs their own license.

GMRS is mostly local use but some repeaters are linked. The repeater in Crete IL is linked to a whole Midwestern state network. You can also use one license for everyone in your immediate family.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I have a FedEx package coming that shipped from Estonia on the 5th and it should be here Thursday. USPS needs to try harder.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    80/94 westbound shut down with a fatal shooting shortly after 4am. Looks like it'll be a long delay.

Screenshot_20240306-060058_Maps.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom