• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I'd rather it was Cliffs too. Job security reasons and quality of life reasons. Supposedly the guy who runs Cliffs doesn't like people working mandatory 16s. Plus they might actually fix crap around here.

Blaster89

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2024
    Northwest Indiana
    I don't think I'm ready for the Badlands, but the Suby does a great job keeping you stable with just the standard AWD. I do have mud and snow settings, but havn't needed them yet.

I was iffy at first taking my rig there. But it really impressed me with what it was able to do. I’d like to go back and tackle the turtle trail(suv trail). I seen a stock Kia sorento out there just cruising around on the dunes. You should have no problem in a subie.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I was iffy at first taking my rig there. But it really impressed me with what it was able to do. I’d like to go back and tackle the turtle trail(suv trail). I seen a stock Kia sorento out there just cruising around on the dunes. You should have no problem in a subie.
    So basically the badlands ain’t **** to worry about and a street vehicle :oldwise: will handle it without issue :fogey:

Blaster89

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2024
    Northwest Indiana
    So basically the badlands ain’t **** to worry about and a street vehicle :oldwise: will handle it without issue :fogey:
    I’m not necessarily saying that. There’s definitely areas that I wasn’t even going to try to attempt. Like the quarry. There’s a video of a jeep renagade at stock height running the same trail as some wranglers and it struggled but managed to complete the trail. The sode by sides have tore that place up and made it for themselves in areas.
    But would I go again in my daily driver? Sure.
    I would probably just stick around the dunes and the lighter trails.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Wind Chill is -29 this morning. Thermometer is -5. House got down to the ON thermostat setting of 62 around 1AM but teh programed thermo has it up to 66 now moving to 70 by 8...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It was -10 when I got up. Good thing both dogs know how to use the pee pads, because they are not going out for at least a couple of days.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I FINALLY sleep at night.
    And then wake up around 5
    :xmad:
    Been trying to get back to sleep since
    I took a nap for you, hope you feel rested now.

Only took a look at the outdoor temperature to encourage me to stay in bed.

Hope everyone stays warm today and if you can't stay warm stay safe.

Great day to make a big pot of chili.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I was talking to my friend from Texas yesterday about chili. He told me that southerners don't put beans in theirs. I've putting beans in it my whole life. Which way do you prepare it?
    But do they just eat a bowl of it with no beans? I saw somewhere that in some regions, chili is strictly something that you put on hot dogs, nachos, etc.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I was talking to my friend from Texas yesterday about chili. He told me that southerners don't put beans in theirs. I've putting beans in it my whole life. Which way do you prepare it?
    I use minimal beans in my chili. One 16 ounce can in a batch with 2 lbs of meat. Some places in Texas I've read that they serve beans on the side.

I use these:
    616e95ad-cbd1-4b54-b65e-8e27afec09dd.png.750x750_q85ss0_progressive-3345768110.png
    Because that's what my Mom used.

I don't do really spicy foods so my chili is pretty mild. Green peppers, onions, lots of diced tomatoes. I use both pork sausage and hamburger, with about 1.5 pounds hamburger and 1/2 pound pork sausage. Black and red cayenne pepper and chili powder.

I eat my chili with Fritos in it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom