• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Special Thanks to 2A_Tom who came to look at this pre-job and advised on what to do.

It was a 2 person job but only took 1 day. It was about 2 days of prep work.

Wear a respirator, full face. And gloves and the painter suit cause you ar gonna end up PINK. :)
    I got the machine, hose reels and 12 bales of the insulation into my Ridgeline (5' long bed).

Machine rental is "free" if you buy 10 or more bales of the Owens Corning insulation. You do pay a refundable $250 deposit.

My attic looks like Jedi's now. Pretty much a mountain of insulation.

I was surprised at how 'clean' the job was, and fully expected there to be insulation all over the house and yard. Honestly none. I was feeding the machine, simple task. Cut each bale in 1/2 with a razor knife, align the plastic wrap on the 1/2 bale with cutter inside the lip of the machine and push the 1/2 bale in. It expands pretty rapidly and the blower is a combination of a "mix master" that chops up insulation and a fan that expels the insulation out the hose.

A competent teen ager or a wife could manage the "feeding" portion of the job. The bales are a bit bulky, a bit heavy, but once cut in 1/2 are much easier to lift and load.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    View attachment 318862
    :(
    Miss the old van that was stolen.
    Ended up doing 3 trips (2 for the bags, 1 for the machine) but it was worth it.

between going all LED in the house, adding the insulation and getting the new furnance the nispco bill took a huge nose dive.
    How was using that machine? Easy enough? I’m gonna do the same

Sorry I saw @melensdad already covered it

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We have a small white elephant exchange with the wife's extended family tonight. Really wanted to throw in some Biden paraphernalia to get a rise out of people, but didn't want that **** showing up on my amazon search. Anyone know of any place locally? Hat, bumper sticker, etc type items.

Find a local campaign office of the Dems?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I go to Lou's Classic on the NW corner of the square in CP
    When I got my hair cut short, I called there to see if he would cut a woman's hair. He said no, men only. I get it. Men have to have somewhere to go to get away from us.

I just wanted to find someone who knows how to do more than balayage and beachy waves on women. The girl I have now is pretty good with short hair, but I feel like a barber knows short hair better (head shapes, cowlicks, etc.).

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    So glad I no longer require barber services.

Bic the head, and just hit the beard with a little shaver....

I had 1 good barber in town and he moved. After that it was dozen or so trims over the years that were less than satisfactory. 1 guy did pretty good but smelled like an ash tray so I never returned.

That's $40 every 3 months thats now in my pocket.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    When I got my hair cut short, I called there to see if he would cut a woman's hair. He said no, men only. I get it. Men have to have somewhere to go to get away from us.

I just wanted to find someone who knows how to do more than balayage and beachy waves on women. The girl I have now is pretty good with short hair, but I feel like a barber knows short hair better (head shapes, cowlicks, etc.).
    Man Cave on Summit, one of the barbers is a woman.
    Maybe they would
    :dunno:

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I told a barber I thought about doing women's hair when I retired. He said "no way", he did it a few times and that I wouldn't want to do that. They are too picky.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom