NWI INGO General Post - Part 23 - Its ffffaaarrr 2 go anywhere, pink banjos and raccoon sticker glocks

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Like I said, Speedtests are mostly useless.

Loading a webpage of any sort should work fine at any of the speeds you can get for home Internet today.

Network issues, especially wireless issues, are by far the more common issue with slow Internet performance.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    :p

Networking is what I do for a career. I honestly hate Speedtest sites. People think they mean something, and will complain based upon their results. :n00b:
    Exactly..

How can I currently be streaming HD on 2 devices on our phones, with computers and music playing and **** updating, all devices. Have zero lag

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    82 mps is pretty good.
    Must be the wireless part then.
    This is what I was thinking, maybe something else changed. Router placement maybe? Router placement and the houses construction can play havoc on wireless signal depending on the router.

Oh and since everyone is doing the "LA Speed Check Story" of connection speeds
    Screenshot_20221217_122121_Speedtest.jpg

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    KLB is not wrong. It is kinda useful if you have nothing connected accept for the device testing. But it is by no means an optimal test
    It shows your download speed and your upload speed to a specific chosen server. It doesn't claim to do anything else. What is wrong with that? I don't comprehend hating a test.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    It shows your download speed and your upload speed to a specific chosen server. It doesn't claim to do anything else. What is wrong with that? I don't comprehend hating a test.
    Well most ISP's will game the most common speed test sites and prioritize traffic to them. Don't hate the test, hate the providers.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Today was new glasses day. Half price on already good prices. Two pair of Rx Polarized progressive sunglasses for $152, two pair of regular Rx progressive glasses for $235.
    I had one pair of glasses for about 15 years, didn't wear them much but they helped some at the range and for night driving. Then when I was about to retire I bought 4 various pairs because I thought my glasses benefit was going away. Turns out it didn't, I still get reimbursed for glasses. I have barely worn those glasses but now I think my prescription has changed and I probably will have to get a new pair anyhow.
    I thought buying 4 at one time was very excessive but then I found out lots of people do that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom