NWI INGO General Post - Part 23 - Its ffffaaarrr 2 go anywhere, pink banjos and raccoon sticker glocks

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Comcast sucks. But they suck a little less than the alternatives, in my experience. They've been very stable at my work and home for these last 25 years. When I retire, I may be asking you for advice on less costly alternatives. Refresh my memory - did you go with just the internet, or cable also?

For TV, we are just streaming and using antenna TV. Our main streaming channel is Philo. 60 channels for maybe $25? I'm grandfathered in at $16 a month. Also had Hulu under last years black friday special of $0.99/mo, but now that it's $7.99, we may cancel.

Comcast will be internet and home phone for $40/mo first year and then up to $59. I'm currently paying AT&T over $90 for the same thing with slower internet. The Comcast internet is only 75 Mbps, but we have gotten by pretty well on 25 Mbps with AT&T, so it should not be an issue.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Well, today has been a cluster with the install. The tech did the outside work, and when he went to register my modem, it was still registered to someone else. I bought it on Marketplace barely used for $65 instead of $200 new. The account was not in the name of the lady I got it from, so I googled her and found out all the people in the household under whitepages, and the Comcast customer service looked up each name until they found the account the modem was attached to. She took it off that account and registered it to mine, but couldn't start my service because the tech who did the install has not closed out the install ticket. She is going to try to get ahold of him and then we should be GTG. :faint:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Dang!
    I woulda been done with my lights, but I had to do some stuff at the Legion all morning, didn't start on the lights till 2 pm.
    By then, only a couple of hours of daylight left.
    But all the manufacturing is done.
    Got the 1st new tree, half the lights are strung on it.

So, shooting for a power up test tomorrow. :)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Dang!
    I woulda been done with my lights, but I had to do some stuff at the Legion all morning, didn't start on the lights till 2 pm.
    By then, only a couple of hours of daylight left.
    But all the manufacturing is done.
    Got the 1st new tree, half the lights are strung on it.

So, shooting for a power up test tomorrow. :)
    And on Jan 4, 2023 Acteon's lights will finally be up. ;)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Well, its not over yet. I called Comcast back to have them start our service, and it turns out the tech did NOT finish all of the outside work, so they rescheduled it for Tuesday afternoon. Meanwhile, AT&T was set to disconnect us today. No phone or internet for 3 days. I called AT&T and had them extend our service through Wednesday so there would be some overlap.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom