Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I watched a gal in an 80s van stretch 2 pumps at a Family Express a few years ago to save a few bucks. I get saving money, but when your engine blows, in this economy, damn.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I watched a gal in an 80s van stretch 2 pumps at a Family Express a few years ago to save a few bucks. I get saving money, but when your engine blows, in this economy, damn.
    My prices on repairs have gone up 33% since last July. No choice. Prices going up another 5% next week.

If you need car repairs expect higher prices and longer wait times

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    "Build Back Better"
    Yup. Labor rate has went up once. Parts prices go up damn near weekly. My price for transmission fluid has gone from $1000 for 200 gallons to $2290 as of today, in the last 12 months, when I placed my order this afternoon. It's been incremental but has been close or higher than a 10% increase every 2 months.

But inflation is only 8% :lmfao:

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Got an explorer at the shop been waiting for turbos Since November. 2016 and this things beat to hell. Two turbos installed are north of 9k and the rest of the vehicle is falling apart around it. Engines full of metal from turbo failure and the customer will not listen to common sense and either scrap it or put a complete engine in it (best would be scrap it given the neglect it’s endured)

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Got an explorer at the shop been waiting for turbos Since November. 2016 and this things beat to hell. Two turbos installed are north of 9k and the rest of the vehicle is falling apart around it. Engines full of metal from turbo failure and the customer will not listen to common sense and either scrap it or put a complete engine in it (best would be scrap it given the neglect it’s endured)
    I'm pretty much at the point where I'll tell customer what it's gonna cost to do it right, If you don't like it, take it somewhere else. Got more work than I can handle

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    5 or 6 gunshots just rang out here on the outskirts of Kouts. I think someone might have just taken care of the coyotes a neighbor saw the other night.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Did I miss it or did you find a vehicle to buy?

Jedi can not confirm nor deny that jedi had a "new to jedi" vehicle now.

Jedi fears ya will send a pack of raccons to steal it. So best to not confirm nor deny anything.

Jedi will say the events of the original vehicle being stolen helped jedi "see the light" so to speak and get out of jedi's comfort zone and begin to prep to explore the option of leaving chiraqi after 16 years of being here.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    That's good to hear. I once had a cat disappear for two weeks and had assumed the worst. Then one day, she came wandering back into the house, looking skinny and very hungry but in good shape overall. I figured she got locked in a garage or shed somewhere nearby.
    When I was younger we had a cat that started disappearing for a couple days at a time, first time we were worried, but it kept happening. One day walking down the street I saw him run up to the door of a house down the street and start scratching at it. A older lady opened the door and let him in. Dang cat was cheating on us with a second family. :lmfao:

Cat we have now has disappeared a time or two, we think people think he's a stray and try to adopt him. He is a very very friendly cat, but will not use a litter box. Best guess is they figure that out in a day or two and put him back outside and he comes home.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Today I got up at 4:45am to take a tramadol for pain.

Yesterday was the cause of the pain I have today. Left the house at 6:30am to drive to Notre Dame to pack up Dasha, move her into her friend's apartment for a 1 week stay, but then bring 90% of her stuff home. She was supposed to have gotten boxes and pre-packed. Had to be out of the dorm by NOON.

Get to campus a few minutes early only to find that:
    • she was in a panic after realizing how much stuff she had to do
    • terminal procrastinator this kid is
    • she had flat boxes but no packing tape
    • so without tape, she just left the boxes unassembled (flat)

Fortunately yesterday was "late move out day" so there were literally a half dozen girls moving out of the entire dorm and we didn't have to fight for the elevator, didn't have to fight for rolling laundry bins to help us move boxes, etc.

Being an ex-warehousing and shipping guy, I stopped into action, told her i needed ALL the big stuff. The biggest being a futon on an adjustable frame. Of course there was a pile of stuff between that futon and the door. I grabbed one of the big rolling bins, put some smaller things that she had pre-packed and headed down to the parking lot with what I could move ... but leaving her with instructions on clearing a path so we could get that futon out of the room.

I'm sure most parents of college kids have experience some similar catastrophe :wallbash:

As with all these stories, it all works out. But damn I am sore. Rheumatoid Arthritis sucks. Killed the pain with some bourbon before bedtime and slept well until about 4am.

I'm smiling in the photo because I had NOT yet realized that I would be unloading the truck at home, alone.

tempImageFea8XC.jpg
    tempImage3IdM7M.jpg

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Today I got up at 4:45am to take a tramadol for pain.

Yesterday was the cause of the pain I have today. Left the house at 6:30am to drive to Notre Dame to pack up Dasha, move her into her friend's apartment for a 1 week stay, but then bring 90% of her stuff home. She was supposed to have gotten boxes and pre-packed. Had to be out of the dorm by NOON.

Get to campus a few minutes early only to find that:
    • she was in a panic after realizing how much stuff she had to do
    • terminal procrastinator this kid is
    • she had flat boxes but no packing tape
    • so without tape, she just left the boxes unassembled (flat)

Fortunately yesterday was "late move out day" so there were literally a half dozen girls moving out of the entire dorm and we didn't have to fight for the elevator, didn't have to fight for rolling laundry bins to help us move boxes, etc.

Being an ex-warehousing and shipping guy, I stopped into action, told her i needed ALL the big stuff. The biggest being a futon on an adjustable frame. Of course there was a pile of stuff between that futon and the door. I grabbed one of the big rolling bins, put some smaller things that she had pre-packed and headed down to the parking lot with what I could move ... but leaving her with instructions on clearing a path so we could get that futon out of the room.

I'm sure most parents of college kids have experience some similar catastrophe :wallbash:

As with all these stories, it all works out. But damn I am sore. Rheumatoid Arthritis sucks. Killed the pain with some bourbon before bedtime and slept well until about 4am.

I'm smiling in the photo because I had NOT yet realized that I would be unloading the truck at home, alone.

View attachment 200798
    View attachment 200799
    I feel your pain. I've helped move in/out college students a time or three. Worst was moving my son in, 2nd floor and no elevator. And the place had 16ft ceilings so might as well been 3rd-4th floor.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    The BBQ stand in Lake Station is gone like fart in the wind.
    As for gas prices, currently, Hobart is the only one I've seen to be proud of their gasoline.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom