CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    New carb on the weed eater.
    Tilled the garden.
    Fired up the stihl that hasn't run in 11 years or so. Fired on 3rd pull. Trimmed up a Japanese maple tree that had some dead branches on one side.

Time for a little lunch then put the plants in the ground
    I can store that saw for you for the next 11 years if you'd like?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Anyone know what type of gun was used in the supermarket mass shooting that occurred in Buffalo NY yesterday? 10 dead, another dozen+ injured. But I have not seen a media report on the type of gun used.
    In the video and few still shots I've seen and AR/M16 variant of some sort

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Anyone know what type of gun was used in the supermarket mass shooting that occurred in Buffalo NY yesterday? 10 dead, another dozen+ injured. But I have not seen a media report on the type of gun used.
    Going to be an 80% imported braced AR assault rifle probably.... With an enormous clip

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    On a more serious note, I faintly remember hearing or reading something about racist remarks printed on gun, maybe we won't see it?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    On a more serious note, I faintly remember hearing or reading something about racist remarks printed on gun, maybe we won't see it?
    It was compared to/inspired by the New Zealand mosque shooting spree and that guy had a bunch of stuff written on his gun(s), maybe that's what you heard?

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    New carb on the weed eater.
    Tilled the garden.
    Fired up the stihl that hasn't run in 11 years or so. Fired on 3rd pull. Trimmed up a Japanese maple tree that had some dead branches on one side.

Time for a little lunch then put the plants in the ground
    Perfect timing for the rain that is forecasted for this evening.

I set out this morning to trim a couple of annoying branches from some evergreens. One thing led to another and an hour later, there was a 3 foot high pile of branches sitting at the curb.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Apparently:
    Bushmaster XM-15
    Mossberg 500
    Savage Axis XP

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220515-142900.png
      Screenshot_20220515-142900.png
      1.7 MB · Views: 16

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Had hit the 2 year mark for my cable/internet promotion. Bill was gonna jump to $230 a month from $165. Said screw that, and cut the comcast. Switched internet to wife's name to get the best deal and its faster internet. Went with Hulu live tv (still wanted to be able to watch CFB, NHL, and occasionally racing) Total bill down to $109.99 per month.

We have amazon prime video, plus I get Samsung TV and Showtime free when I bought the new TV. Internet is giving us Peacock plus for free, plus all the other free streaming sites there are, we should be good to go.

Only 1 I might add yet is Paramount + They have some shows I'd like to watch

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Had hit the 2 year mark for my cable/internet promotion. Bill was gonna jump to $230 a month from $165. Said screw that, and cut the comcast. Switched internet to wife's name to get the best deal and its faster internet. Went with Hulu live tv (still wanted to be able to watch CFB, NHL, and occasionally racing) Total bill down to $109.99 per month.

We have amazon prime video, plus I get Samsung TV and Showtime free when I bought the new TV. Internet is giving us Peacock plus for free, plus all the other free streaming sites there are, we should be good to go.

Only 1 I might add yet is Paramount + They have some shows I'd like to watch
    Good work, cut the cord a little over 10 years ago. I think it was when they raised my $99 cable/phone/Internet promo. to 160ish? Now Internet alone is up to ninety something, + about 20 for Netflix and the wife has a three package of something, maybe Hulu, Disney and something else for ?$? Antenna hooked up for local, and so many channels came with the lg tv we got no long ago I don't miss it at all. Maybe it's time I try to talk them down a bit from that ninety-something? And the cell plan too...

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Maybe it's time I try to talk them down a bit from that ninety-something?
    On my experience they don't ever seem to wanna work with existing customers. Always a better deal for new ones.

I've played the game of switching from my name to the wife's name for internet (Xfinity) or switching from Direct, to Dish, and then was Comcast for tv to get best deal.

When it comes to cells we switch every year. Get free phones switching from Boost to Metro PCS and back and forth. Keep our old numbers so no issues there. Get free phones and for the 3 of us it's $90 a month. And best part there is no contract.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Bought a few tomato plants at Meijer. The ones I planted were just too sad, so I took all but one of them off life support. Live and learn.
    We are in the same boat this year. Wife started the seeds indoors and tomatoes were only so-so. I really wanted to try something this year but it was all her. Next year maybe... I want to try to start them inside while having a fan on them. In hopes they get a backbone and are not hitting the deck the first breeze that hits them outside on day 1. Couple years ago I started them and they were good size, just no strength. Like you said, live and learn.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Bought a few tomato plants at Meijer. The ones I planted were just too sad, so I took all but one of them off life support. Live and learn.
    I have been known to buy sad looking tomato plants and then give them away or toss them when I find healthier ones somewhere else. My garden is very small so it's relatively inexpensive.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We are in the same boat this year. Wife started the seeds indoors and tomatoes were only so-so. I really wanted to try something this year but it was all her. Next year maybe... I want to try to start them inside while having a fan on them. In hopes they get a backbone and are not hitting the deck the first breeze that hits them outside on day 1. Couple years ago I started them and they were good size, just no strength. Like you said, live and learn.
    That's exactly what happened to mine. I planted them too soon and let them get too long and leggy before I put them out. They were more like little thin vines. The ones I got at Meijer are so much better. Might try next year with the other half of the seeds I planted this year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom