• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I don't know how to describe it. I hate kids, but not enough to idly stand by while they run out in the street seeing if they can beat the cars. If a driver is not paying attention and a small kid runs out from behind a van or something, you would never see them in time. I should be allowed to hit the parents for being terrible and the children for being stupid.
    Even if the driver is paying attention, they might not see them in time. That happened a few years ago about 3 blocks from my house. Parents standing on the sidewalk talking with neighbor, kid playing in the grass between the sidewalk and street. Parents not paying attention, kid goes out into the street in front of their parked car and into the path of an oncoming car. Driver wasn't on the phone, drinking, playing with the radio, etc. Paying attention and doing the speed limit.

People wanted the driver charged with any and everything, they lost their **** when she was cleared. I felt bad for the kid, the driver, and the first responders. Not so much the parents.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Going through a rough patch. Looking for temporary housing as my dad and stepmom aren't in the best health to keep having the kids come over on my weekends. It's gotten too stressful for them and they need a break. Hopefully one of the Vet organizations can help as I'm still going through the divorce and have very limited income after paying all the martial bills. So I may go offline for a while.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Going through a rough patch. Looking for temporary housing as my dad and stepmom aren't in the best health to keep having the kids come over on my weekends. It's gotten too stressful for them and they need a break. Hopefully one of the Vet organizations can help as I'm still going through the divorce and have very limited income after paying all the martial bills. So I may go offline for a while.
    I understand what you are going through. I’ve been there with the divorce and taking care of a parent. If you need to talk don’t hesitate to contact me.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't know how to describe it. I hate kids, but not enough to idly stand by while they run out in the street seeing if they can beat the cars. If a driver is not paying attention and a small kid runs out from behind a van or something, you would never see them in time. I should be allowed to hit the parents for being terrible and the children for being stupid.

I don't know how to describe it. I hate kids, but..
    :orly:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And yes Sadclown, I understand. Like kids or not, they don't need to be running out into the street.
    And as has been mentioned, the driver will be blamed, because no one wants to yell at the parent.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    il_570xN.1322097536_laza.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We have some new families in our park with small children.

I need to get a dashcam and send the recordings to my landlord.

Stinking talk to text every time I say - Cam this is what comes up.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    A few summers ago, there were some young children (under age 10) driving around the subdivision unsupervised in a two seater golf cart. There would be as many as six of them packed into at times. They were traveling on a busy street and I always worried they would do something stupid and get smoked by a car. I think the cops finally caught up to them because one day it just stopped.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    While were telling stories about kids and driving... Don't know if I ever told this one before. From 2014-2016 I worked as a unit clerk in the ER, communicating orders between doctors, nurses, lab, x-ray, etc, and facilitating stroke and trauma calls. On my second night working there, we had two cases involving kids that made me absolutely sick. One was a 6 yr old girl with an STD (same one her father and his GF had). The other was a 5-year-old with head trauma because his (drunk) father thought it would be fun to let him drive an ATV, and he flipped it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom