NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Weird night for some....

More on the demon house: https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local...cle_f9571ea9-6afa-58eb-9bce-e04dc0e7ee49.html

Some of the names in that article/report, I have worked with for almost 30 years and their integrity and testimony is exceptional.

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Snowthrower fired right up and completed its job. 4 1/2" up here. The inch of ice underneath from the warm ground will be the worst for shovelers. 20220102_104517.jpg

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Good morning all. I hope you had a relaxing New Year's day. Spent the day here cleaning guns, watching bowl games and eating too much. Looks like we got the same 3 inches of snow that everyone else has reported. Add another storm to the long list of those that didn't live up the warnings.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Snowthrower fired right up and completed its job. 4 1/2" up here. The inch of ice underneath from the warm ground will be the worst for shovelers. View attachment 174045

This was the inaugural snow for my new Toro Snow Master and I was pretty pleased with how it runs. It's bigger and less maneuverable than my old machine but I'll get used to it. It really throws the snow. I kept my old 2 cycle Power Clear and used that around the house on the small sidewalks.

I agree that this stuff today is heart attack snow, be careful out there!

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Correct!

This was heart attack snow.
    Just finished sidewalks n drive.
    The city did a good job in the street sadly left it all on the driveway.
    The stuff the the plows push into your driveway will challenge the most powerful of snow blowers, not to mention middle aged men with shovels.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I don't know if there's even enough to bother with the blower here. I may just take the shovel out and scrape what I can off the driveway. Unless it's deeper than it looks, there's barely an inch.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I don't know if there's even enough to bother with the blower here. I may just take the shovel out and scrape what I can off the driveway. Unless it's deeper than it looks, there's barely an inch.
    If you can wait until it stops completely, only do it once.

If it is as heavy as they are saying the snow blower will be the way to go.

@actaeon277 - this is one of the benefits of retirement. Hunker down, wait til it's all over then clean it up once. Don't have to drive in it because you have to go to work. I still work about 6-7 days a month, but I really enjoy the flexibility the rest of the time.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I'm just at round the clock in Schererville. This place is dead for a Sunday at lunchtime. Is this covid or the snow keeping people away ?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I bought a cheap Snowjoe 24V cordless snow shovel and it surprised me and took care of the wet snow on my sidewalks.
    I bought a small Snowjow 15" thrower but haven't used it yet. It's a tradeoff. I hate messing with cords, but I hate messing with gas more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom