NWI INGO General Post Part 20 - Raccons 4 Life!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    More sirens and warnings (not watches) for nothing. There’s a chance that maybe, possibly, perhaps, there could be a single wind gust that MIGHT actually touch the bottom end of the scale that could cause a chair to tip over.

Sorry, I know weather can be a huge problem, but the whole panic over everything stuff is just crazy

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    We've been on this earth a combined 60 years and have never ever heard a clap that loud before... Insane
    Lived on monon rd in Lowell/Shelby. Took a direct hit to the house I lived in, blew a hole in the roof, every window out of the second floor, the att phone box 30 ft off the house and killed every single piece of electronics in the Ouse except my alarm clock that I still have, but I don’t use except to sit on my dresser telling time(ish)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    More sirens and warnings (not watches) for nothing. There’s a chance that maybe, possibly, perhaps, there could be a single wind gust that MIGHT actually touch the bottom end of the scale that could cause a chair to tip over.

Sorry, I know weather can be a huge problem, but the whole panic over everything stuff is just crazy
    Yeah, I thought a watch meant that conditions were right for it to occur, and a warning meant that it had actually occurred nearby. So tonight we got a warning that conditions were right for a tornado to occur.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    In fact, I have shared this meme before which explained the difference perfectly. Don't know why they broke protocol last night.

E4_foBEVIAg4Bhc.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    In fact, I have shared this meme before which explained the difference perfectly. Don't know why they broke protocol last night.

E4_foBEVIAg4Bhc.jpg
    Because the nanny state has the volume turned to 11!

I ignore nearly everything they say, while they run in circles with their hair on fire.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Because the nanny state has the volume turned to 11!

I ignore nearly everything they say, while they run in circles with their hair on fire.
    The folks in the areas mentioned in these articles might disagree:

And here are the current weather service warning/alert definitions.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Almost time to go out and assess any damage. Already saw the light up deer has 2 laying down. They were even double staked.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

I have a friend in Kentucky who posted last night that it was really getting bad, and she has not posted this morning. Her husband has advanced cancer and if they would lose their home now, it would be devastating.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Just got home a bit ago.
    Had to "reinforce" the display.
    It was in relatively good shape, but things were looking to go South real soon.
    The temporary repair I made to the blue/green tree was just about ready to fail.
    So, I added guy lines to both trees.
    When I rebuild them in the summer, I'm gonna have to add stabilizing braces to the pole.
    Most of my blow mold figures have a wood base I screwed into them, and then staked down.
    But the soldiers I added a while ago, the boards are too short and narrow. So, three soldiers on one board fell. I added more stakes for now, but there's not really much room on the board.

And my snowflakes were ripped out of the tree.
    For now, I'm leaving them on the ground.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Just got home a bit ago.
    Had to "reinforce" the display.
    It was in relatively good shape, but things were looking to go South real soon.
    The temporary repair I made to the blue/green tree was just about ready to fail.
    So, I added guy lines to both trees.
    When I rebuild them in the summer, I'm gonna have to add stabilizing braces to the pole.
    Most of my blow mold figures have a wood base I screwed into them, and then staked down.
    But the soldiers I added a while ago, the boards are too short and narrow. So, three soldiers on one board fell. I added more stakes for now, but there's not really much room on the board.

And my snowflakes were ripped out of the tree.
    For now, I'm leaving them on the ground.
    Yep, not bothering standing things back up until this wind dies down.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Snap, remind me to call you next time I have to return something to Amazon. About 6 or 7 phone calls and I handed the phone to the person working at the UPS store so they may have better luck with the Amazon. Almost just ate the $70 as it was costing me too much time. Process was slightly more successful than that truck pic you posted.... Not much though

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Snap, remind me to call you next time I have to return something to Amazon. About 6 or 7 phone calls and I handed the phone to the person working at the UPS store so they may have better luck with the Amazon. Almost just ate the $70 as it was costing me too much time. Process was slightly more successful than that truck pic you posted.... Not much though
    The chat has never let me down. So much easier than phone, and it's easier to understand them since they are all Indian.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom