NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    No policy ensures anyone is safe. If the policy is that some criminal is not pursued, and that criminal then carjacks and kills someone, was that victim safer?
    Nothing is perfect, agreed, but we can go down the rabbit-hole of what-ifs all day. The purpose of the policy is to ensure the safety of civilians and police officers.

Letting people get away with a crime, ensures more crime.

Not a theory.
    People get away with crime every day. There will always be crime, but now we're just talking in absolutes.

The police reform is alive and well in Minneapolis and Portland (among other places) currently, violent crimes are up more than 800% in 12 months, both have gone from decent community’s to third world countries.
    Did you forget to color your text purple? Or is your post satire?

Minneapolis' crime dashboard is here, Portland's crime dashboard, and, just because, here's Seattle's crime dashboard. Running the numbers, crime has either decreased in certain categories or increased, but nothing even remotely close to the stratospheric 800% you proclaim. We're talking fractions of percentages or lower double digits in either direction.

In Portland, April 2021 saw 30 fewer crimes than the previous year's April.

It's news to me that Minneapolis, Portland, and other places devolved into places of extreme poverty, poor economies, and under-developed industry. I simply love the Mad Max movies, but it's farcical to proclaim they've become "third world countries"; they remain excellent places to live. The US News ranked Portland as one of the top 10 places to live, Seattle came in at #13, and Minneapolis at #22.

All is good. He flew up into the tree.
    Yay! A happy ending to this story!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The police reform is alive and well in Minneapolis and Portland (among other places) currently, violent crimes are up more than 800% in 12 months, both have gone from decent community’s to third world countries.
    Lies lies... the media has said nothing about it. So your word cant be trusted. :p

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Shooting out to 425 yards on Saturday at my buddy's. What to pack...
    Race on Sunday with him and the wives.
    (Staying over at the folks. Dad got all the farm work done so I don't get volunteered.)
    Going to be a good weekend.

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    4 day weekend :rockwoot:

Tomorrow one of my step daughters is getting married. Have to make the trek to Rochester for small ceremony and dinner. Wish the weather would be a little better for that.

Looking to be a very cool Memorial Day weekend but still plan on getting the pool up and smoking some ribs and chicken or a pork shoulder.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    @d.kaufman - enjoy the weekend

@Snapdragon - everyone should care as much as you do

@Ballstater98 - that's about 400 yards past my point of accuracy, have a good time

@jedi - may there be more pink in your life

@tv1217 - may your relief show up and be on time

@mmpsteve - had a good time meeting and conversing earlier.

@everyone, stay safe and enjoy life

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    2baa23ec792d03517134179f9519b0cb.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I am going to the funeral of a good friend today.

He had Cystic Fibrosis and was one of the miracles that lived to bein his late 40's with it. He had a double lung transplant about ten years ago and has been pretty healthy since then. He contracted Covid a couple of weeks ago and passed last Friday.

I will figuratively take a knee today and follow whatever Covid rules his Church requires (without complaint or ire).

BTW, that emoji is a celebration of joy of the ability to walk and work again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom