NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    That's fantastic. You've done well at training future Olympians, you should be proud of that. Athletes at that level are a whole different story.
    I’m support but not actually involved in any of their real training.

I may be a coach and president of a fencing club, but there is no fencing skill I can teach any of these amazing young athletes, nor do I claim to try.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I went to Menards yesterday (yes I bowed to their mask idiocy).

As I was going in a man and his young daughter were being thrown out because she did not have a mask.

While shopping I heard a loud altercation at the entrance. The 6'4", 300+# security guard was blocking a 5'9" 300# man from entering without a mask.

The non customer tried to physically force his way past said SG. Making several attempts to flank him, but thwarted each time by SG's superior wing span.

Lots of shouting from the non customer "Touch me again and I'll beat the :poop: out of you." "Get your hands off of me!" and such.

I walked away as it continued so that is all I can report.

It could all have been avoided.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    I went to Menards yesterday (yes I bowed to their mask idiocy).

As I was going in a man and his young daughter were being thrown out because she did not have a mask.

While shopping I heard a loud altercation at the entrance. The 6'4", 300+# security guard was blocking a 5'9" 300# man from entering without a mask.

The non customer tried to physically force his way past said SG. Making several attempts to flank him, but thwarted each time by SG's superior wing span.

Lots of shouting from the non customer "Touch me again and I'll beat the :poop: out of you." "Get your hands off of me!" and such.

I walked away as it continued so that is all I can report.

It could all have been avoided.
    absolutely, by shopping elsewhere.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Yep. I will not set foot in one again. Home Depot gets my business

Yup. Lowes or HD for me. Wasn't as much because of the mask bs but the fact they weren't allowing you to come in with your kids. That was enough for me

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I personally hate Menards. I hate their 11% rebate that you have to spend there. I hate their mask mandate.

I love their jingle...

You waste money, you waste good money, when you shop Menards!

The problem is that they are two blocks away. and when I NEED a small bit of hardware I don't want to travel 4.5 mi to Home Depot.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I personally hate Menards. I hate their 11% rebate that you have to spend there. I hate their mask mandate.

I love their jingle...

You waste money, you waste good money, when you shop Menards!

The problem is that they are two blocks away. and when I NEED a small bit of hardware I don't want to travel 4.5 mi to Home Depot.
    I don't have that issue. There is nothing within two blocks of my house. Even with them being a mile long. :):

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    I hate their 11% rebate that you have to spend there.
    Ugh, don't even get me started on this scam! I tend to choose Menard's, because they're a "local" business. "Regional" is the better term, but close enough I call them "local." So, I favor them over others, but their rebate crap is just that: crap.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I go to my local Ace Hardware. The place is great, folks working are super knowledgeable and very friendly. One of my co-workers went to our local Menards. Asked a question about a miter box. The person working did not know what miter box was.
    Yeah, I went to Merrillville Menards looking for dowel rods. Two or three different young people looked at me in amazement when I explained that it's a long wooden stick that is rounded, and it comes in different diameters. Since dowel rods did not exist in their world, they kept trying to direct me to the bathroom department because they thought I meant towel rods. I finally sought out an old dude and asked him, and he pointed me right to them.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I go to my local Ace Hardware. The place is great, folks working are super knowledgeable and very friendly. One of my co-workers went to our local Menards. Asked a question about a miter box. The person working did not know what miter box was.
    If anyone is in the Winfield area, the Ace there has some of the friendliest and most knowledgeable people I've seen.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think those that still have their pools closed are using COVID-19 as a front to keep all those pool-urinators from fouling up the place.

At this point, I'm just going to assume there's a shortage on everything.
    Agree!

Have you noticed that McDonald's has NOT reopened there indoor dining while others have.

Saving money
    No free refills
    No need to clean the place
    No extra ketchup
    No extra napkins
    Etc..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads