NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    How is Larry (owner) doing?
    Dave or Dan can't remember which helped me pick a nitecore HC60. Brought in my old light and told him what I was looking for and he suggested that which didn't break the bank even though I inquired about some of the more expensive models he said the mill rats liked the HC60 and should work well for me on the railroad. Will be bringing my Surefire 6P I got during my first deployment in to see about a new bulb and if they have a quality mount for my M4 clone. Highly recommended as other have said. May end up picking up a few other lights for around the house, motorcycle, and car.

No S&W 64's seen anywhere so its off to GB again after losing the 64nI was bidding on by $5. My max bid has been reached on what appears to be a really clean Taurus 66 from 93.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Wasps : 0
    Me : 32
    Hopefully I'm out of the wasp business for the year.
    All the different brands of bees and wasps have been bad here this year. Got nailed by a yellow jacket a couple weeks ago. Been years since I've been stung. Had a good reaction to that one. Arm swelled up and was itchy as hell. Took Benadryl for about 4 days before swelling went down. Over a week for the redness at sting site went away

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    All the different brands of bees and wasps have been bad here this year. Got nailed by a yellow jacket a couple weeks ago. Been years since I've been stung. Had a good reaction to that one. Arm swelled up and was itchy as hell. Took Benadryl for about 4 days before swelling went down. Over a week for the redness at sting site went away

Been stung a few times over the years. I'm always amazed at how painful those things can be. Got nailed on the ear by a yellow jacket once while retrieving a golf ball from under an evergreen tree. The ear itched terribly and the whole side of my face swelled up huge for several days. It was pretty comical looking, or at least more so than usual.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Sit down, kids, and I'll tell you a story about yellow jackets. :D About 6-7 years ago I had a garden wagon on the deck with a half-bale of straw that I had been using as mulch. I went to move the wagon, and a swarm of yellow jackets came out of the straw and came after me. They were stinging through my shirt, so on my way in the house, I was peeling my shirt off. Probably wasn't a good idea because for a few seconds, I had them trapped between me and the t-shirt. My arms, legs, and torso were covered in stings. Turned out to be at least 40 stings. Went to the ER because I started swelling up so bad. They gave me massive doses of prednisone.

I had just started a new job a week prior, working as a communications clerk in the same ER (communicating doctor's orders to nurses, nurse's orders to lab and imaging, and coordinating traumas). I was on probation, so I could not miss work. I went to work every day and suffered with the pain, itching, and nausea. A week later the itching was still so bad I couldn't stand it, so they put me on 80mg of prednisone a day for a couple of weeks. I started feeling the side effects of the prednisone, including fits of rage followed by deep depression and some very bad thoughts. It got to where Mom would not let me out of her sight because she knew I had guns all over the house. We got through that worst day somehow and then I went off the prednisone cold turkey.

And I never missed a day of work. :D

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Sit down, kids, and I'll tell you a story about yellow jackets. :D About 6-7 years ago I had a garden wagon on the deck with a half-bale of straw that I had been using as mulch. I went to move the wagon, and a swarm of yellow jackets came out of the straw and came after me. They were stinging through my shirt, so on my way in the house, I was peeling my shirt off. Probably wasn't a good idea because for a few seconds, I had them trapped between me and the t-shirt. My arms, legs, and torso were covered in stings. Turned out to be at least 40 stings. Went to the ER because I started swelling up so bad. They gave me massive doses of prednisone.

I had just started a new job a week prior, working as a communications clerk in the same ER (communicating doctor's orders to nurses, nurse's orders to lab and imaging, and coordinating traumas). I was on probation, so I could not miss work. I went to work every day and suffered with the pain, itching, and nausea. A week later the itching was still so bad I couldn't stand it, so they put me on 80mg of prednisone a day for a couple of weeks. I started feeling the side effects of the prednisone, including fits of rage followed by deep depression and some very bad thoughts. It got to where Mom would not let me out of her sight because she knew I had guns all over the house. We got through that worst day somehow and then I went off the prednisone cold turkey.

And I never missed a day of work. :D

Ouch! 40 stings is brutal.

I see the problem, though. You didn't rub dirt on it! I have a brother-in-law who has to carry the EpiPen. Dirt don't work for him.

.:cool:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Ouch! 40 stings is brutal.

I see the problem, though. You didn't rub dirt on it! I have a brother-in-law who has to carry the EpiPen. Dirt don't work for him.

.:cool:
    Yeah. I had an old epi pen of my mom's, and it probably helped get me to the hospital. Now I have a new one on standby.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    Dave or Dan can't remember which helped me pick a nitecore HC60. Brought in my old light and told him what I was looking for and he suggested that which didn't break the bank even though I inquired about some of the more expensive models he said the mill rats liked the HC60 and should work well for me on the railroad. Will be bringing my Surefire 6P I got during my first deployment in to see about a new bulb and if they have a quality mount for my M4 clone. Highly recommended as other have said. May end up picking up a few other lights for around the house, motorcycle, and car.

No S&W 64's seen anywhere so its off to GB again after losing the 64nI was bidding on by $5. My max bid has been reached on what appears to be a really clean Taurus 66 from 93.
    I've got one of those in stainless steel. Not sure exactly what year, but early 90's.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom