NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I have an idea for a meet & shoot. There will be a rather large steel challenge match at North Porter County in August. I just signed up to shoot 4 guns, which means two sessions. Maybe we can get a squad together from the NWI group?

Info:

This will be a chance to shoot all 8 stages of Steel Challenge at one match.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    That would be great, are you supplying the ammo?
    I am supplying nothing but a smile and good wishes. You are a reloader now - don't those fancy machines make new rounds out of thin air?

Edit - just cause I am crazy and shooting 8-900 rounds in one weekend doesn't mean you have to, you can shoot one gun and then you only need 200-250.

Note to self: put away enought ammo for big match - i.e. gotta hide some of the good stuff from myself. I'm not worried, my wife will find it if I forget where I put it.

2nd Edit: There is a reason that I almost exclusively shoot .22lr at steel.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yup. A little more snow tonight and then frigid temps for a week or so. Dont mind the snow but hate the cold
    I'm the opposite. Don't mind the cold except that we have another appointment with Daisy at the Purdue Westville ophthalmologist tomorrow morning, and it's curbside. That means you call when you get there, they come and get the dog (at least a half hour later) and then 30-60 min later, the vet calls you to discuss the progress and options. Then another half hour later, they come to the car with the dog and the bill. So 87-yr-old Mom, our other pup, and I are sitting in the car for 1 1/2 to 2 hours in the cold. We've done it three times already. We have lots of warm throws and everyone will dress warm. I'll start the car for a few minutes when I need to.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    I'm the opposite. Don't mind the cold except that we have another appointment with Daisy at the Purdue Westville ophthalmologist tomorrow morning, and it's curbside. That means you call when you get there, they come and get the dog (at least a half hour later) and then 30-60 min later, the vet calls you to discuss the progress and options. Then another half hour later, they come to the car with the dog and the bill. So 87-yr-old Mom, our other pup, and I are sitting in the car for 1 1/2 to 2 hours in the cold. We've done it three times already. We have lots of warm throws and everyone will dress warm. I'll start the car for a few minutes when I need to.
    why would you not just leave the car running? it won't hurt anything, gas usage will be extremely minimal.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    why would you not just leave the car running? it won't hurt anything, gas usage will be extremely minimal.
    For two hours? I run it for a few minutes at a time to warm the car up, and then we're good for a while. Also, there will be cars on either side of us for the whole time, and they will be breathing our exhaust.

Last edited:

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    run it all day if you want, won't bother a thing. modern cars running properly emit so little emissions you could be inches from the tailpipe and not even get dizzy. I sit in my truck for lunch almost every day with it running for heat or air conditioning more often than not. two hours wouldn't be a pint of fuel.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    run it all day if you want, won't bother a thing. modern cars running properly emit so little emissions you could be inches from the tailpipe and not even get dizzy. I sit in my truck for lunch almost every day with it running for heat or air conditioning more often than not. two hours wouldn't be a pint of fuel.
    OK, good to know. I'll run it when I need to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom