NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Selling is easy in IN to an IN resident who is a proper person. But it may not be quick.

So if you want fast money sell them all to a pawn shop/gun shop.

If you want max money, and don't mind driving to meet a buyer, waiting in a parking lot, etc then you can probably sell them over a few weeks by using INGO classifieds. The questions then are how much are you spending in gas and wasting in time?

I sold some guns a while back, got pretty much my asking prices for each one. But it took several weeks, which I was fine with. Longest drive was 2 hours one way and a half-tank of fuel, but I worked it out so I sold 2 guns that day (both at full asking price) in the same location and met up with an old friend there for lunch too. Both of the guns sold were fairly expensive guns too, so again, if they had been $200 or $300 rifles it might not have been worth the drive. But I drove home with nearly $2k in my pocket so 4 hours of drive, and a long lunch with my friend made it worth the trip.

Factor in your gas $$$ and drive time lost and make sure its worth it to you to make the deals.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    My biggest issue is finding what they're worth
    Search the gun sale sites for similar recently sold items.

Search the INGO classifieds for similar items.

To get an unbiased valuation from an appraiser you might have to pay. I don't know of any, but maybe someone else here does.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    My biggest issue is finding what they're worth

Tell us what you have, and we might could give you an idea, but the ideas above are solid.

By the way, I was absent a good part of January, and didn't get a chance to welcome you and other new members. So, a big welcome to all new members of the NWI family!

Also, to all NWI members that have posted about physical (and mental) issues, I wish you all the best, with quick recoveries.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Tell us what you have, and we might could give you an idea, but the ideas above are solid.

By the way, I was absent a good part of January, and didn't get a chance to welcome you and other new members. So, a big welcome to all new members of the NWI family!

Also, to all NWI members that have posted about physical (and mental) issues, I wish you all the best, with quick recoveries.

Ctc is hardly "new"

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Search the gun sale sites for similar recently sold items.

Search the INGO classifieds for similar items.

To get an unbiased valuation from an appraiser you might have to pay. I don't know of any, but maybe someone else here does.
    If someone does know of a reputable appraiser, please let me know. With my dad passing I’ve inherited quite a bit.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    NWI INGO is supposed to get first pick.

List what you have with pics and let us PM you with offers or questions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom