NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I had 1 or 2 good snow days in my time... Wasn't there a crazy blizzard in 97ish?

I recall it was 4th grade or so.. Was amazing... Then a few years ago work closed and I ended up with my buddies ripping on our quads around Dyer and St John just all over the place.... That night on the quads they went down 30 to 65, rode down 65 then back up 41 to dyer...

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I remember '67. Don't remember a lot, but I remember that my mom pulled me on my sled from our house to a little diner in town called Cozy Corner (about a mile), and we had hot chocolate. I was 5.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    '78 was the big one over here (I was born in '68). We lived in the boonies and were snowed in for 2 weeks.
    The neighbor had a snowmobile, Him and my step dad would go to town every couple of days for groceries. We could walk on the drift onto the roof

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    I'm 35 so all the snow and cold I'd be remembering from childhood would be from the 90s and early 2000s
    I’m a few years older than you, but same thing. I remember during the big blizzard of the late 90s me and my friend went up to the dunes to play in the snow. It took us all about 5 minutes to realize how much of a mistake that, as the snow kept was accumulating fast. During this time, my same friend had no power for nearly week, on account of the storm.

Nothing will ever top Snowpocalypse for me, though, if for no other reason than the fact there was thundersnow!
    Snowing pretty good here
    Job in Gary was called off for tomorrow already
    I don’t know if it’s good the job was called off, but it at least to be good in that you’ve got that journey you make every day. I can only imagine how bad Route 6 gets between here and Walkerton during snow storms.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I’m a few years older than you, but same thing. I remember during the big blizzard of the late 90s me and my friend went up to the dunes to play in the snow. It took us all about 5 minutes to realize how much of a mistake that, as the snow kept was accumulating fast. During this time, my same friend had no power for nearly week, on account of the storm.

Nothing will ever top Snowpocalypse for me, though, if for no other reason than the fact there was thundersnow!

I don’t know if it’s good the job was called off, but it at least to be good in that you’ve got that journey you make every day. I can only imagine how bad Route 6 gets between here and Walkerton during snow storms.
    Usually the worst part of 6 is from 421 to about 39

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    You guys be safe today. One thing about not working is that I don't have to be anywhere unless it's for a medical appointment. I don't have to be anywhere until Friday when I take Daisy back to Westville.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom