d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Met up with Sadclown today. Picked up 35 pair or so safety glasses and 200 pairs of ear plugs for the shoot.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Burying a friend. I'll be a pallbearer at her funeral.

She was 56. She was head of the nursing education program at Purdue in Hammond, an honored professor and a very nice woman. Totally healthy in every way imaginable. A blood vessel popped in her brain and she died instantly.

We used to have the family over for holidays, had many Thanksgiving meals with them and a few Christmas meals.

Her husband, also a close friend, died 4.5 years ago. He was my daughter's high school fencing coach and taught me how to coach. Spent many evenings and weekends with him. His only fault was that he liked Scotch instead of Bourbon.

Their youngest boy is now 23, 1 year younger than Melen. The older son is 28? All 3 of the kids were friends and fenced together at the fencing club. All 3 kids went to the same high school.

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan

She was 56. She was head of the nursing education program at Purdue in Hammond, an honored professor and a very nice woman. Totally healthy in every way imaginable. A blood vessel popped in her brain and she died instantly.

We used to have the family over for holidays, had many Thanksgiving meals with them and a few Christmas meals.

Her husband, also a close friend, died 4.5 years ago. He was my daughter's high school fencing coach and taught me how to coach. Spent many evenings and weekends with him. His only fault was that he liked Scotch instead of Bourbon.

Their youngest boy is now 23, 1 year younger than Melen. The older son is 28? All 3 of the kids were friends and fenced together at the fencing club. All 3 kids went to the same high school.

My condolences to you, always tough to lose a loved one, especially unexpectedly!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

:(

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

So sorry to hear this. I have a personal connection with this kind of injury. Very close girlfriend of mine when we were 21, her mother had an aneurysm in her brain. She was also a teacher, very gifted and intelligent woman. It didn't kill her, but it left her so severely impaired that she was left with the social interaction of a 2 year old baby. Plus she didn't have any concept of when she was hungry or not. She would eat continuously if you let her, so hard to control her food intake. She would also smoke continuously, had to control her smoking too. She remembered her family on a recognition level only. She had no concept of motherhood or marriage, she knew who her husband was, but didn't understand the concept of marriage. So although she survived, her children still lost their mother, her husband still lost his wife. The husband eventually re-married, but the husband and his new wife continued caring for his old wife very much the way you would care for a baby.

As sorry as I am for your loss, please don't misunderstand this, but be thankful that she was not reduced to the state I just described. Be thankful that God took her completely and immediately.

Brings back some very sad memories. My sincere condolences for your loss.

Last edited:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    So sorry to hear this. I have a personal connection with this kind of injury. Very close girlfriend of mine when we were 21, her mother had an aneurysm in her brain. She was also a teacher, very gifted and intelligent woman. It didn't kill her, but it left her so severely impaired that she was left with the social interaction of a 2 year old baby. Plus she didn't have any concept of when she was hungry or not. She would eat continuously if you let her, so hard to control her food intake. She would also smoke continuously, had to control her smoking too. She remembered her family on a recognition level only. She had no concept of motherhood or marriage, she knew who her husband was, but didn't understand the concept of marriage. So although she survived, her children still lost their mother, her husband still lost his wife. The husband eventually re-married, but the husband and his new wife continued caring for his old wife very much the way you would care for a baby.

As sorry as I am for your loss, please don't misunderstand this, but be thankful that she was not reduced to the state I just described. Be thankful that God took her completely and immediately.

Brings back some very sad memories. My sincere condolences for your loss.
    I have told many people, there are so many things worse than death, this is one.
    Sorry for that family as well .

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The cousin that I was closest with died of a brain aneurysm at 42 several years ago. She lived in Northern Michigan, and I was fortunate enough to spend some time with her the week before she passed. It was autumn, and my last memory of time spent with her is driving through the Michigan countryside, looking at the fall colors, and singing at the top of our lungs. A few days later, she was gone, but I'm so glad I got to spend that time with her, especially since we only made it up there about once a year or so.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Hopefully the rain holds off till I get back home from making a run out to St John on the bike here soon after work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom